I am sorry Eddie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I am sorry Eddie

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Just want to say to Mister McGuire 'Sorry' for ever thinking you called a biased game. After watching the match on Saturday Night from Fox Footy. You have never called a game that biased.

'We will win this game because of our better foot skills"

"They have just fit the front"

"Well we have a good margin now" , and these weren't isolated inccidents. Considering the only way the interstate tema was going to see this match was through Fox Footy, this is disgraceful.

It was totally pathetic even Dennis Cometti braodcasting with a perth team is better than this.

At least Eddie knows tha name of the opposition.

Lets Roar Next Week.

Khan

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Gotta admit I'd still prefer biased interstate commentary to Eddie, especially when Collingwood are involved.
I cannot stand listening to him call Pies games, it sickens me.
I think that's more my dislike of Collingwood showing through though.
It's not so bad now they're out of form, ha. ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Have to agree with you Khan. Once I saw who the commentators were, I virtually watched the entire game with the volume turned down. Thank God for volume control and mute buttons on the remote.

Wonder how mightytiges faired listening to the call on the radio. You didn't have to use the mute button on the radio did you MT? Well, if they don't have mute buttons on radios, 5AA sure is a good enough reason to start having them.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
MC24 said:
Wonder how mightytiges faired listening to the call on the radio. You didn't have to use the mute button on the radio did you MT? Well, if they don't have mute buttons on radios, 5AA sure is a good enough reason to start having them.

MC, I couldn't get 5aa on the net (where's their live link ??? ) so took MY's advice an tried to hear it on the normal radio. The commentary's not too bad when it's all crackley and the reception disappears 3/4's of the time ;). Too close to 3MP - "and Stafford's got the ball and he's.....lost in love and.... puts it through for a goal to.....Air Supply......" :p

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
5AA are biased, they know it and are proud of it. The way they see it they are a South Australian state, and have no qualms about being biased. I like KG, Cornesy and the boys but that part of them calling does give me the *smile*.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Eddie McEgo's head should deflate down to damn near normal after they cop their third loss in a row to Adelaide. Hope he's calling the game, and I hope they show his pathetic scone on tv after the game where he is choking back tears, anger and dejection.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
mightytiges said:
I couldn't get 5aa on the net (where's their live link ??? )

Found this on the 3AW website.

The AFL has included a set of conditions as part of the Radio Rights Broadcast Agreement, which state:
(a) No radio station can stream audio football broadcasts on their website;
(b) Radio stations that hold the rights to broadcast AFL matches must provide their broadcast to the AFL at no charge;
(c) The AFL has decided that a season charge of $49.95 will apply to any person wanting to listen to AFL broadcasts via the AFL website.

As a result, 3AW's audio streaming is directed to Telstra Bigpond during our live AFL match coverage.

:mad: Greedy Money Hungry Bastards :mad:

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Khan said:
That would be four in row wouldn't it,

Brisbane, Essendon, Sydney

Indeed it would! Even better than I thought!

As for the AFL, it's only a matter of time before you have to pay 5 bucks to check out your team's stats. Rather than promote the game they are promoting the fact that they are only interested in the size of their pockets.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
If you want to hear the most bias commentary ever, listen to KRock with Michael Turner at the mic. He ofter paraphrases what he has read in the papers but passes it off as his own, and gives the opposition no credit what so ever.

Last year Melbourne was playing at Shell Stadium. After one goal by the dees,
Turner said "What are the Geelong supporters applauding that goal for?"
His co-commentator "Well it was a good goal Mick, and they are showing their appreciation for it"
Turner "Stuff that.."

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
Absolutely. Spoiled by two knuckle heads from SA. Fair dinkum, you'd think that Victoria wasn't getting the feed. A good game spoiled. They kept going on about the skills of the tigers letting them down, but not a mention when the Port guys stuffed up. I wanted to turn the sound off it was so bad. :mad: