I give up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I give up

T

tiga chikk

no not on the boys because unlike some people i still believe that they have what it takes to make it into the 8.

what i do give up on is the attitude the people have on this site, it amazes me how so many peoples views change just because of a game that we would've won but 1 late goal, the whole mood of this bored would have been completely different instead of all this talk about whos up for delisting it would have been more about what a great game, that goal Richo kicked etc etc

you people amaze me i've sat with a variety people when i've been at the footy often alone and it makes me laugh especially at one occassion when i had the pleasure of sitting in amongst a group of very loud essendon supporters, when a few rows back a rather loud richmond barraker decided to sing "you only sing when your winning" to the essendon people. But now i look at that guy and the essendon people and think my god its not just the bomber people it is also a large majority of tigers too
it makes me laugh looking make now but at the time i was mortified what would have happen had the bombers come back and beaten us would they have turned on him.

As for all this talk on delisting players is really our positin to do this, all our job description is Arm Chair expert not recruiting officer. its one thing to say they need time at Coburg but its another story when you start delisting them. just think what if some of the players do read what we write they maybe someone they post, it makes you think what would you do if you were Aaron Fiora or Kayne Pettifer and you read what the richmond people were saying about you, knowing how people spoke about you every time you ran out in the yellow and black, would you really want to knowing your trying your hardest but the supporters are still bagging you. How would you feel?

i personally would like to congratulate Spud for what hes done this year it makes me proud to be a tiger how he has handled everything on field and off.

so you can all put your two bits in for all i care but i had to get it off my chest. it doesnt bother me where we finish on the ladder sure it would be nice to be in the 8 but i'll keep going week in week out and i'll keep saying Aaron gives it a go and bring Kayne back up and rory needs time in the twos (ive never said delist him!) and i'll always keep my positive attitude and nothing no one on this board can change that

P.S Rosy i never said the stuff about Dunc it was all DF

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I understand what you're saying tc, but you also have to understand that a lot of people on here have a lot more scars over a lot more seasons than you have. If you look at it from that perspective, you can understand why people get frustrated, angry and annoyed.

When you've been disappointed, demoralised, humiliated, embarrassed and brought to tears as many times as some of us have, you will understand better.

I don't understand it myself sometimes, but that's just the way it is.

It would be good to think that we could just support our team and be positive, but it's hard to be positive after 20 years and things look no better than they did before. And it's hard to be positive when other teams continually pass us by, as we continue to wallow in mediocrity.

You can be disappointed in us for being harsh on our own, but it's only because it means so much to us that we are so harsh. If we didn't care, it wouldn't hurt us so much and we could let events take their natural course.

But it does hurt and we need to 'get it off our chest' too.

I'm sure there's a better way to go about supporting a team and if we had the patience, we could support them better.

Unfortunately, some of us do not have much patience left. You'll have to excuse us if the many years of torture have left us negative and bitter and twisted.

Football should be fun, exciting and exhilirating. Unless you're a Richmond supporter. Then it's a test of your patience, loyalty, resilience and nerve. If you don't have those qualities, you won't last as a Richmond supporter. Not you personally, but anybody.

We'll get over it tc, it just takes us a bit longer than some.

Hope I haven't disillusioned you further about Richmond supporters. We're doing the best we can, with the patience we have left. But we're hanging in there. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
tiga chikk said:
P.S Rosy i never said the stuff about Dunc it was all DF

Haha as if I didn't know, I've heard it all from him before. :rollin

I understand your sentiments tc but a message board is a place for people to share their views and opinions.

I doubt there is one single person who posts on the boards who knows exactly what happens behind the scenes at Tigerland.

We all have our opinions, we get told snippets of info here and there.

Everyone posts accordingly.

I've posted my opinions before about players being bagged when we still expect them to play well enough to win us a premiership. I think it's a bit harsh, but each to their own.

I don't spend all the time and money I do on this site because I like seeing the team bagged, but I respect the rights of others to use this as a forum to express their opinions even though I often disagree.

I just can't wait till we string a few wins together again so the positives overtake the negatives again.

Go Tiges.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Everyone on the board is different i guess, some like to vent their anger and frustration, some just like to bag the players and coaches, others try to be contructive, and some like to be positive about everything.

I like to think I sometimes fall into all of those categories, but after the last few weeks, i'm finding it hard to stay positive.

Thank god we have some positive people on the board, such as yourself Tigachikk, and TigersGoddess(who is missing in action at the moment) etc, we need you to balance out Diggler, Laff and Co., or we'd all be depressed permanantly.

I think we all just have a feeling of deja vu about this season, like we've all been through this before, and it's very hard to take.

Stay positive TC, you need to balance out the negativity of your boyfriend.

And keep supporting Aaron too, he needs someone to keep the faith, cause his supporters are rapidly disappearing.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
i'm finding it hard to stay positive.

I think we all just have a feeling of deja vu about this season, like we've all been through this before, and it's very hard to take.

I know what you mean DF - I am finding it hard to be positive. Friday night was the most disappointing performance of the season for mine. We continue to lose games we should win. Friday we should have won. We had them - that 10 minute period in last quarter where North continually kicked it to us (tunrovers) and then we'd go forward and we couldn't put them away.

TC, I try not to bag players. This year in particular I have tried to stay positive. But there were a couple of things on Friday night that just gutted me. And it wasn't just the performances of those who always come under fire from people on this site. It was some of the others who have for a variety of reasons have gone under the radar.

What Friday clearly showed me was how much we miss our skipper. Gee we needed Campbo desperately on Friday.

Oh...
a PS:

I will admit my mood has not been enhanced thanks to the person who hurled abuse at me after the game regarding my article that appeared on the RFC web-site.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
shawry said:
2001 we lost 3 in a row and made the prelim final. It is a bit too early to write off the season as some are suggesting.

And got blown away in the finals. Looking forward to that again ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
tc
i personally would like to congratulate Spud for what hes done this year it makes me proud to be a tiger how he has handled everything on field and off.
He is not doing anything differently than last year really.... but this year he has been gagged.... and thank Miller for that one ;D Keep up the good work Greg... the time is close where you get to do what you love most....
Get rid of deadwood ;)

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Harry -you are a tool. We got done by Brissy in Brissy the week after beating Carlton to make the prelim. But you just keep on P!ssing on everything everybody says- if it makes you somehow feel better. :p

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
hutstar said:
Harry -you are a tool. We got done by Brissy in Brissy the week after beating Carlton to make the prelim. But you just keep on P!ssing on everything everybody says- if it makes you somehow feel better. :p

Reality hurts. :-*

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
hutstar said:
Harry -you are a tool. :p

Harry said:
Reality hurts. :-*

Haha poor Harry, Hutstar shouldn't have hurt you. We understand. Tools have feelings too. :rollin

(Once again medical authorities warn rosy is joking and taking posts too seriously can be a health hazard ;) )