I heard a news bulletin this morning | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I heard a news bulletin this morning

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
That the club is going to lose $800,000 due to fallen memberships. Did anyone else here this or was I having a nightmare.

It was no nightmare Diggler

We expected a profit of $1 million, but now we reduce that by $300,000 in memberships and a $500,000 downturn in pokie revenue

They should be more worried about the membership next year, 15,000 members wont give us the money to go recruiting for the best players. And 15,000 would be ambitious at this stage

100% correct Diggles..

We are $800,000 behind budget due to membership numbers (approx $300,000) and gaming revenue.

We had busgeted for $1 million profit but now look like breaking even or a small profit

We budgeted for 25000 members and are 1200 behind that equates to $150000 aprox. Coupled with our abysmal reserve seat sales.

A more detail report is in todays H/Sun

Koalalill said:
We budgeted for 25000 members and are 1200 behind that equates to $150000 aprox. Coupled with our abysmal reserve seat sales.

I'd be interested to know how many of those are from the red seats. The people there weren't happy chappies with our season at all last year, and I wonder how being forced to move to the Southern Erection influnced their decision whether to renew or not.

I hate my seats in the southern stand and look over and see the red seats empty each week.

And still the team doesn't perform, ha.

rosy3 said:
I'd be interested to know how many of those are from the red seats. The people there weren't happy chappies with our season at all last year, and I wonder how being forced to move to the Southern Erection influnced their decision whether to renew or not.

I hate my seats in the southern stand and look over and see the red seats empty each week.

Just want to say that the Club had no say inthe Red Seat situation. The MCC - said they have to move we want those seats - and you got moved.

Koalalill said:
Just want to say that the Club had no say inthe Red Seat situation. The MCC - said they have to move we want those seats - and you got moved.

I hope my post didn't imply I was blaming the club KL.

I know quite well what the situation was it was explained clearly at the time and discussed on the boards too.

We also have first option of reserving over there again when the new stand is open.

It still doesn't stop me wondering how many of those people didn't renew.

rosy3 said:
I hope my post didn't imply I was blaming the club KL.

I know quite well what the situation was it was explained clearly at the time and discussed on the boards too.

We also have first option of reserving over there again when the new stand is open.

It still doesn't stop me wondering how many of those people didn't renew.

I think it has had an impact Rosy - no doubt. There has been alot of feedback regarding those seats- unfortunately the Club has had alot of people complaining about being moved. I reckon that part of the problem stems from the fact that each week you look over there and the seats are empty.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the RFC in regard to membership. How many times can you rear end supporters before they stop coming back??

The club obviously don't take notice of talkback or forums like this so maybe they'll act when their revenue is threatened.

They get everything they deserve down at Tigerland.

TigerFurious said:
I have no sympathy whatsoever for the RFC in regard to membership. How many times can you rear end supporters before they stop coming back??

The club obviously don't take notice of talkback or forums like this so maybe they'll act when their revenue is threatened.

They get everything they deserve down at Tigerland.

Agree TF. I'm not upset with supporters for not becoming members, because it's about time the Club did something for supporters for a change. And the only way to shake that place up is to get them where it hurts most. We've kept our end of the bargain all these miserable years. But constantly get little in return. We live in hope from one season to the next, nothing more, nothing less.

If in life you get back as much as you give, then how much is the RFC giving to people?
Because, once upon a long time ago, the history books tell me it was a lot. Not any more and until they get in the real world then we are going nowhere.

The people running the Club have to take responsibility for what has happened. Stop blaming supporters and everybody and everything else and start taking some responsibility.

The best way our supporters can help our Club is not to buy a membership, because it seems that is the only way they will ever do something about the situation we're in.

If they want something from supporters then they have to give something back. Fair is fair.

How much trouble does someone need to experience to buy a membership and get what they asked for? Where is the service, where is the PR, where is the commonsense?

I heard an interview with clinton eityher last night or this morning that the club are othering discounts to long term members last year

Lets Roar

Khan

if that dud sees out his contract it will drop below 15,000 its time he went it is cheaper to get rid of him. His game plan is uninspiring even when they win it is crap football to watch..........its time to go spud the dud

Carltons memberships went through the roof when they sacked that dud Brittain (and we picked him up LOL) and appointed Pagan. We need to do the same. Casey you better get on the phone to Sheedy pretty soon. It will make no difference to our membership drive next year if we scrape in the 8. All our attention should be going into getting Sheedy.

Wish all you like Sheedy won't be coaching us next year.
It just aint gonna happen i dont know why people bother clinging to the hope.
He is overratedf anyway their are better coaches around.

Who has better credentials than Sheedy? Certainly not Lambert, Wallace and Eade. Other than that, there is nothing around.
Unless Blightly makes a comeback.
I'm happy for Spud to coach, provided Miller takes control of recruiting, delists 10 players at year end, recruit one ready made midfielder, gets a reliable forward who doesnt spit the dummy and have 9 picks in the pre season draft, without wasting them on hacks like Fleming, Hudson and Nicholls.

diggler said:
Who has better credentials than Sheedy? Certainly not Lambert, Wallace and Eade. Other than that, there is nothing around.
Unless Blightly makes a comeback.
I'm happy for Spud to coach, provided Miller takes control of recruiting, delists 10 players at year end, recruit one ready made midfielder, gets a reliable forward who doesnt spit the dummy and have 9 picks in the pre season draft, without wasting them on hacks like Fleming, Hudson and Nicholls.

Never said the better coaches were availible:)
AFAIK Sheedy isn't availible either and if he was he would only use us to bump up his contract at Essendon , again.

Lets upset Edweed Mcsquire and get malthouse and the third cloke boy back to punt road.Then go for Bartlet to be water boy (runner) cause he still cries enough tears for the job. But we will have to find a new pres for we have not seen or heard much from the one we got lately.(Oh sorry I did hear a squeak something like we lost 800,000 ) ;D ;D

CB, I disagree, if free phones are what they want then what is wrong with that?

If it increases memebership sales then that can only be a good thing.