I miss my club so much | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I miss my club so much

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
I miss my footy, my team. What do I miss ?
The swarm.
The chaos ball.
The hand grenade ... ( Dusty lurking inside the foward 50 and swooping on the ball and going BANG ... )
Contested pressure.
Rebounding from defence.
Inside and out the back door.
Chimp Cotchin on the burst.
I want my footy back.

Reactions: 10 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
It's hard to overstate the difference in how we play now compared with the round 8 game of 2016 that was shown on 7Mate last night. I know we nod to the idea there was a significant set of changes that occurred in the offseason of 2016-17 but it's only once you sit and watch 100 minutes of "the old way" (just 3.5 seasons ago) that the transformation really crystallises.

In addition to your list, @nitrotiger, the other thing that is so apparent these days is the positive body language of everyone associated with Richmond. In that 2016 game, our guys just look different. Look at their eyes.

Now, in place of hope there is belief.

In place of tension there is tranquillity.

In place of searching there is knowing.

One other thing I noticed last night. Despite us winning the game, the Swans' defence dictated our method of play. We resorted to a kind of "keepings-off" to deny them the ball, often inviting more pressure.

These days, I love how we determine how the game is played. Sides can no longer afford to push up their defence because they know our aggressive ball movement will see us find a way through and into space.

The way we play these days is by far the most attractive style of any team, and I miss being reminded of that every weekend.

Reactions: 3 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Not just the surge of emotions when we are on but even pottering around outside gardening etc on a Saturday with the footy on the radio.
Dinner.
A few beers and safurday night footy.
Driving home on a Friday for a tigers Friday night game....

Reactions: 1 user