If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership...

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good call Carts. Floggerfield can go *smile* himself. And so can his coach! I might be persuaded, pretty easily, to include Duckwood in that small list as well.
Shove-kins, Rohan, Cameron, Criers .. the list goes on.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
.... they would have held thier peak for a record amount of time, sure they are "flying" according to the media, last week they beat up Freo who are rubbish & should have lost to Carlton if they could kick str8 the week before that. Finals are still up to 6 weeks away (if they keep the post season bye) & they always look like World beaters during H&A. Imagine if we beat them on sunday.....

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Leysy will watch (again) the replay of the three finals we knocked them out.

#stillourbitches

Reactions: 6 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i can't even contemplate it .... the vision is too horrible ....

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I hate saying it but there as good of chance as any , they have a few demons , however they’ve got experience over a few of the other challengers , they’ve also had a few injuries to key players during the season that may work well for them come September. Id imagine there gaining great confidence from how we’ve been travelling and the fact they stitched us up earlier in the year, big game for them tomorrow …. Last team I’d want to win it , hang on maybe Port , anyway just about favourites imho

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It would be a win against all odds if we got up tomorrow.
#freehit

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I was reminded during the week, when looking at the 10 premiership players on our injury list and the two quality players (Duncan and Cameron) on Geelong's, that the Cats are only 2-3 injuries away from suddenly being vulnerable.

If they had to call upon the likes of Fort, Evans, Jenkins, Jarvis, Constable, etc, they would suddenly look thin.

There are a few players Geelong cannot afford to have injured. Hawkins and Stanley probably top the list (Stanley mainly because he allows Blicavs and Ratugolea to play other roles). Injuries to Smith or Tuohy would rob them of run and experience. Stewart sets them up well behind the ball.

Games like tomorrow's can pose problems for teams that have an eye on the big prize. While they can afford to drop the game, we will be fighting hard for the win. While they may choose self-preservation in the clinches, I expect our guys to leave nothing out there.

Teams rarely play Richmond these days and come out unscathed.

It's going to be wet. Lots of contests.

Who wants it more?

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I will be screaming my guts our for Bris or Melb if the Cats are anywhere near it. Simply must be stopped.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Royal Commission. Is it a coincidence SHocking joins the Pussies at business end of season?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Geelongs list management strategy feels like a gambler playing roulette that always bets on the same number. Eventually they’ll win (or go broke) but even if they do win, it doesn’t mean they are any good at it.
Or just bet on every number over 28

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

If Geelong wins the 2021 premiership... I’ll be demanding a royal commission into the corruption at the AFL. The guy second in charge running the competition, and the main man in changing the rules to disadvantage a certain team and giving advantages to another certain team, leaves halfway during the season to take up a main role in one of those clubs…….​

Reactions: 3 users