If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Perhaps some will disagree but club has been pretty sketchy with allowing people who require refunds over this period IMO.
'Request a call & discuss your options' will see many people loath to do so as opposed to a simple tick a box digital platform.
Haven't been impressed by the club's deliberate obtuse strategy at all over this period.
That they've had so few members cancel would suggest it's been very cleverly worked by our executives but something just stinks about it.

Very inclined to agree with this.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Perhaps some will disagree but club has been pretty sketchy with allowing people who require refunds over this period IMO.
'Request a call & discuss your options' will see many people loath to do so as opposed to a simple tick a box digital platform.
Haven't been impressed by the club's deliberate obtuse strategy at all over this period.
That they've had so few members cancel would suggest it's been very cleverly worked by our executives but something just stinks about it.

Agree, but I see it more as an AFL agreed approach for all clubs rather than a RFC decision. It's about protecting the clubs that can least afford a refund. If some of the wealthier clubs are more willing and open to refunds and rebates, that will pout undue pressure onto the weaker clubs.

I don't like it, but I understand it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

have to say I agree. and there is no reason to do it this way. they need to be more upfront to the fans. with the AFL releasing their options to AFL members 2 weeks ago, the RFC should have released their by now. The have had 10 weeks to mull over it.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The most important thing is that you can get a refund if you want it. Requiring members to ring the club compels one to contemplate their allegiance before doing so. I don't think this is unreasonable from a purely business perspective - those who really need the money for other things will get it. I would hope club staff aren't trying too hard to dissuade those calling to cancel.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Happy enough for my membership to be a donation. I suspect the club will take a significant hit with the sport and leisure centres. Members of them who aren't Richmond supporters will have no qualms in asking for a refund on their membership.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
access for spectators from August onwards would be handled by ticketek

so we'll have to pay these useless cartel *smile* $5 for the privilege of waiting in a cyber queue for hours, have a couple of panic attack, and then shell out our hard earned for the seats they most want to sell?

If they are expected to be the ticket allocators most equipped to minimise a pandemic,

we're probably better off buying a ventilator off eBay and watching on TV

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
so we'll have to pay these useless cartel *smile* $5 for the privilege of waiting in a cyber queue for hours, have a couple of panic attack, and then shell out our hard earned for the seats they most want to sell?

If they are expected to be the ticket allocators most equipped to minimise a pandemic,

we're probably better off buying a ventilator off eBay and watching on TV

I wonder how this system will work.

Will those that have memberships that have reserve seating / reserve bays get first crack? Will those members have to fork out a fee for obtaining a designated seat? (if they had to, is it like you are paying again for the same service).

How would RFC try and appease members not in a reserve seating category ( if they give RS members priority)? In these difficult times, the RFC needs to be able to give all of us a chance to see our beloved club play live.

Ps wonder what nightmare would happen IF we were able to make it to a GF and limited spectators were allowed at the Mcg. Don't we have approx.10k of members with guaranteed GF seats if RFC participated....

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would think they should have a random lottery for members of all sorts when allocating seats for home and away games.

Grand Final is a bit different with guaranteed entry for those in the relevant membership categories, they should get first look.

Of course with Ticketek running the allocation I figure Gold Coast members would get first look at a Grand Final where, for example, Richmond played Collingwood. They couldn't organise ticketing for a game where 10,000 people turn up to a 100,000 seat stadium, everyone would be up the back on the top deck.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
According to Carpo Crowds of up to 10000 to be allowed at Qld games from next week. Chance for Mexican Wave to some, for others the start of the Second Wave.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The most important thing is that you can get a refund if you want it. Requiring members to ring the club compels one to contemplate their allegiance before doing so. I don't think this is unreasonable from a purely business perspective - those who really need the money for other things will get it. I would hope club staff aren't trying too hard to dissuade those calling to cancel.

but it’s not a business. Yes, it’s run like a business, but footy clubs are not owned by anyone. That’s the difference. This is one thing many people in the industry seem to forget... especially people at board level.

The point i'm trying to make is that clubs should have been more up front about this. not vague and nervous about losing money. board members are supposed to be representatives of the members, make decisions on behalf of us and in the best interests of us. they should not be treating us like customers.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
but it’s not a business. Yes, it’s run like a business, but footy clubs are not owned by anyone. That’s the difference. This is one thing many people in the industry seem to forget... especially people at board level.

The point i'm trying to make is that clubs should have been more up front about this. not vague and nervous about losing money. board members are supposed to be representatives of the members, make decisions on behalf of us and in the best interests of us. they should not be treating us like customers.

There's an essential business aspect. It's understandable that clubs aren't holding the money out for people to snatch back given the financial strain they're under.

Yeah I can see the other argument, but I don't think the clubs are behaving unethically.