If we get Taranto and Hopper, the AFL may as well hand us the 2023 premiership now! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If we get Taranto and Hopper, the AFL may as well hand us the 2023 premiership now!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yes.
But you were also saying we’ll retain pick 19&30.
Sorry but what’s that got to do with it? I wasn’t sprouting it as some sort of inside knowledge? It was my suggestion and what I thought our best case scenario is. Odd comment to make considering everyone other punter has had a crack at what the trade might be. Nonetheless the alternatives as what will most likely occur is fine as well. More than what I proposed but it’s the price you need to pay for on going success.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Sorry but what’s that got to do with it? I wasn’t sprouting it as some sort of inside knowledge? It was my suggestion and what I thought our best case scenario is. Odd comment to make considering everyone other punter has had a crack at what the trade might be. Nonetheless the alternatives as what will most likely occur is fine as well. More than what I proposed but it’s the price you need to pay for on going success.
I was suggesting adding Soldo on top of all our picks was too high a price whilst you suggested if that’s the price we have to pay, so be it.
But on the same page in an earlier post you were suggesting we’ll keep 19&30.
I thought it a very confusing comment to make.
But as you say, it’s all guess work until it’s done.
Just gives us an excuse not to watch NRL

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I was suggesting adding Soldo on top of all our picks was too high a price whilst you suggested if that’s the price we have to pay, so be it.
But on the same page in an earlier post you were suggesting we’ll keep 19&30.
I thought it a very confusing comment to make.
But as you say, it’s all guess work until it’s done.
Just gives us an excuse not to watch NRL
Fair enough. Let’s see what picks we get coming back our way from GWS.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We apparently have got Taranto and now negotiating for the contracted Hopper in a separate deal that could include Soldo. Interesting few days ahead

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We apparently have got Taranto and now negotiating for the contracted Hopper in a separate deal that could include Soldo. Interesting few days ahead
Would surprise me if Soldo is part of tbe deal considering GWS have 3 contracted ruckmen on the list. We shall see.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I am going to conveniently ignore the thread title. However, what is clear is that with Taranto and presumably Hopper coming in and the expected improvement of some of the younger guys who were thrown in last year, it becomes very difficult to pick a best 22 which is a great sign.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I am going to conveniently ignore the thread title. However, what is clear is that with Taranto and presumably Hopper coming in and the expected improvement of some of the younger guys who were thrown in last year, it becomes very difficult to pick a best 22 which is a great sign.
No doubt there will be a few lads who will be re invented over the summer , I won’t be shocked if Gibbo is tried forward .

Actually I think I’ll have a crack at it ;)