If you think the Tigers or Dees are close to a flag, you're dreaming-Herald Sun | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If you think the Tigers or Dees are close to a flag, you're dreaming-Herald Sun

kyuss

Tiger Rookie
May 13, 2012
It depends how genuine their 2018 form is I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bounce back hard this year because last season they were really done before the ball was bounced with the injury/surgery lists they had pre-season.
I dont think their 2018 was genuine. List is'nt good enough. They've got no forward line.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
To be fair to Sheedy, this was 2010. He was right not to expect success in the next five years, and right to say it would take a cultural change and for a few of those players to blossom. He did nominate Rance as one who would hopefully improve, and he did.

Comparing Melbourne and Richmond - well, we got a beauty in Dimma, and great leadership from Benny and Peggy. That's significant. Melbourne churned through coaches, tanked, cheated, showed flashes but didn't address the real problems. They always chose the quick fix, easy path until Roos started. That's still an experiment without a result given their current state.

Dimma showed clear improvement every year (maybe one or two plateaus), and only one really poor year where we went backwards. So it wasn't hard for the leadership to continue to back him in (with that 2016 exception). Of course it was complicated by elimination finals losses - seems like a long time ago now.

Again in hindsight but some of the vitriol hurled at Dimma seems ridiculous now.
Yeah, he was correct in thinking we weren’t much chop in 2010, because we weren’t, but he still got a lot badly wrong. Three years after he wrote this in 2013, we made finals. Where were the Dees? Labouring under possibly the worst bloke to ever coach an AFL side?

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, he was correct in thinking we weren’t much chop in 2010, because we weren’t, but he still got a lot badly wrong. Three years after he wrote this in 2013, we made finals. Where were the Dees? Labouring under possibly the worst bloke to ever coach an AFL side?
Wasn't that his point? These two clubs need to start getting it right, and quickly. We did and they didn't.

What he got wrong was that he favoured the Dees to do better, marginally - saw Bailey as setting up the club. In fact the difference was better leadership from the top, a plan and an emergent approach to make that plan work.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Wasn't that his point? These two clubs need to start getting it right, and quickly. We did and they didn't.

What he got wrong was that he favoured the Dees to do better, marginally - saw Bailey as setting up the club. In fact the difference was better leadership from the top, a plan and an emergent approach to make that plan work.
I think his point was that both clubs were *smile* and would regret not appointing him as coach, and they’d never be as good as his beloved Bombers.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users