Ignore function | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ignore function

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So, still no answer on its return or lack there of ? A straight forward non-condescending answer would go a long way to killing off the discussion.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've already told you as much as I know in a previous PM. I am not able to elaborate any further at this point in time.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Hi Rosy, I'm hoping to ignore all the suff that happened above and check if there was a way to return the ignore function, but only to those who wanted to pay a subscription fee. Maybe $2-3 a month if there was enough people?

I'm sure some would like to ignore my drivel from time to time.

It may be a way to give an extra, optional service, but get the necessary support for dedicated hosting?

Just a suggestion.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
I'm easy either way - an ignore function or a decision to not respond.
There's a poster in recent times that I ignore. I just refuse to feed him.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There's a shed load of troll posting or at the least spam posting on the boards at the moment for whatever reasons. Seeing as there is no ignore function some self moderating is the best way to go. As annoying as it is I just scroll past the rubbish.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
There's a shed load of troll posting or at the least spam posting on the boards at the moment for whatever reasons. Seeing as there is no ignore function some self moderating is the best way to go. As annoying as it is I just scroll past the rubbish.

Yup, I'm doing that as well. However would be a lot easier not to see em altogether.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The_General said:
Hi Rosy, I'm hoping to ignore all the suff that happened above and check if there was a way to return the ignore function, but only to those who wanted to pay a subscription fee. Maybe $2-3 a month if there was enough people?

I'm sure some would like to ignore my drivel from time to time.

It may be a way to give an extra, optional service, but get the necessary support for dedicated hosting?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion General. I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't like the Ignore function to be available at a cost. Not everyone has the spare cash to use it. I also don't think there's an option to have some in the group have access to it and others not.

The Ignore function was trialed and removed due to how it was used. There were some who posted repeatedly about who they were ignoring, ie singling them out for attention anyway. It was used as a put down rather than for it's purpose of actually not having the input of certain people. It's similar to some singling out other posters' grammatical errors. There are some more popular posters who have regular errors and they are ignored. Those who try to humiliate others and goad them on are often as in breach of the rules as those they wish to ignore.

At the moment the only option I can think of is a bit of will power to ignore those we have issues with and not respond to them rather than egging them on.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
No probs.

I can exercise restraint. Thanks for the reply.