I'm bored, what games should I watch? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm bored, what games should I watch?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
You gotta watch 1967 too, great game, close all day, and the best team won breaking a 24 year premiership drought.

DS
67 and 69 have on DVD but couldn't find them have both on VHS in a Triple Box

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I’ve just come across a 3AW podcast of the full radio call of the 1980 GF if you want to listen to something. 3AW played it last Saturday night.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
67 and 69 have on DVD but couldn't find them have both on VHS in a Triple Box

Both games are good, I have that DVD box set of '67, '69, '73, '74 and '80 - well worth finding the DVDs.

This is one of the best:

If you have a lot of time:

I do mean a lot of time!

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Both games are good, I have that DVD box set of '67, '69, '73, '74 and '80 - well worth finding the DVDs.

This is one of the best:

If you have a lot of time:

I do mean a lot of time!

DS
I always felt kind of down on GF replay night when I was younger... We only had one premiership in color for so long, and I'd seen it enough!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I always felt kind of down on GF replay night when I was younger... We only had one premiership in color for so long, and I'd seen it enough!

I'm sure the '74 DVD is in colour (unless you take the attitude, which most of us had back then, that 6 years was too bloody long ;) ).

But yeah, the B&W ones have a certain charm but colour is better.

DS

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I'm sure the '74 DVD is in colour (unless you take the attitude, which most of us had back then, that 6 years was too bloody long ;) ).

DS
Interesting Dave. I kind of feel like pre-say 1977 footy was old school, and anything later isn't. I trhink it's just my age and me getting into footy around 77 (I was 6). Now that needn't transfer to me as an adult but does for some reason. I will however chase down 74 and give it a whirl.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Have just started watching the 1995 2nd semi v Essendon. Have just started the 2nd quarter and a few things stand out to me, 1. Matthew Lloyd was a born cheat! Early days in his career and the boy new how to suck the umps in falling over left right and center!! 2. Sam Newmans hatred for how the umpires officiated the game went way back:mhihi 3. Matthew Knights while a touch slow by foot was an insanely good footballer! Back to watching it.

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
"Fighting Fury "on u tube . Richmond FC history 1999Australian Football Video. costasports.
It is a wonderful history of the RFC fron Dyers time till 1999.
I loved the videos of the late 50s and early 60s which are rarely seen.
Best of all is the Hafey/ Premiership era.
Of note..the sides are very tall, usually three ruckmen.
Hart, Bartlett, Barrott, Bourke were stars. M Keane was very impressive in the 70s and was our home coming hero for the last game in 2019 v Lions. Wayne Walsh was a standout and would be a star now.
Speedy became a great on baller with football smarts and very early use of attacking handball where most others just kicked.
Wonderful to see Whale Roberts, Bustling Billy, Mike Patterson , Fred Swift , Nev Crowe and Tommy who have all left us.
Of note, we were very dominant in the early 70s.....flag 67,69, GF 72 and flags 73 and 74. The best team over a decade by far.
It is two hours long but highly recommended.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

DS

You are corect DS. ‘74 DVD is in colour.

In fact, ‘74 was actually broadcast in colour, the first GF to have been.

But many people at the time still had B+W TVs so not that many people saw it.

My family didn’t get a colour tv until 1977. Made watching my favourite show “Harry Butler in the Wild” bloody awesome.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
It amazes me that the AFL hasn’t had a lot of those old GFs put into colour. Must be a cost thing, but I still would have thought there would be a market for them.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
It amazes me that the AFL hasn’t had a lot of those old GFs put into colour. Must be a cost thing, but I still would have thought there would be a market for them.
In reply to the thread about 2017 finals posted this.

If you have AFL Live Pass (free to Telstra customers) you can get it.
Click videos on the bottom menu.
Click Category as "Full Match Replays" at top of screen.
Click Team as Richmond at same area.
Scroll down to GF 2017 - seems to scroll waaaaay back ( went to 2010 and gave up)

Haven't done it but you can now upgrade your AFL Live Pass to view on desktop screen, maybe link to TV I guess.

Best of luck, let me know.
Placed here for others, including myself now I've found it.

By the way, BLOODY WELL DONE BY THE AFL to make this available.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
im watching 7s footy vault... 2013 Elim...... Having never watched since that day it's quite palatable knowing how the respective futures of the clubs panned out

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
im watching 7s footy vault... 2013 Elim...... Having never watched since that day it's quite palatable knowing how the respective futures of the clubs panned out

Conca coming back from injury does his hanmy in the first qtr. Off.
Big bad Busling Griffens sneezed and kod himself. Off.
We were 2 players down after qtr time.
On a serious note we were down 5 players, Vickery, Griffems, Jackson, Conca and Pittard were all playing.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Since the lockdown noone has shown a game with us that we have won.
Tomorrow they will show Riewodlt not make the distance from 50 and Moore miss from 20 out against stkilda

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Been watching a few games, the other day I watched the Round 1 game between Carlton and Richmond and noticed Carlton's banner:

2df3e47ff3f3609d6789a8a561055028

Hmm, better than your 5 year plan I reckon :cupgold

I do remember while watching the game that the umpiring was ok, then turned to s***. At one point it was 10 frees each, by the end of the game 25-12. How does one team get 15 frees while the other gets 2? Grossly inconsistent umpiring if you ask me.

But I will grant them a pass, they did debut with this one in 2018:

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, thanks, we enjoyed that cup, and the one a couple of years later.

Am now going to watch all of 2017.

Also watched that game from 2003 where we came back from 51 points down to win against Hawthorn and also the last round of 2014 I think where we held on to beat South Melbourne at the Olympic Stadium in Sydney.

Some good games to watch out there.

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
LOL they are getting off on showing all our recent heart breakers, everyone else can circle jerk over watching the Tigers get rolled.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just noticed they are playing the 18 GF thats a good result a Tigers fan can hope for by the way thats shaping up as Tigers seem to only be shown getting done.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Also watched that game from 2003 where we came back from 51 points down to win against Hawthorn and also the last round of 2014 I think where we held on to beat South Melbourne at the Olympic Stadium in Sydney.

Some good games to watch out there.

DS
David, where are accessing from?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

Richmond Games to Vote for
1970 @ VFL Park vs Hawthorn this one i have been voting for as would be brilliant to see again
1973 1974 1980 Grand Finals

FOX FOOTY Presents ‘The 50-50’ over five massive days of AFL this Easter. Fans have the opportunity to vote for their TOP FIVE favourite games of all time from an inspiring list of 100 of the best from the last 50 years.

The games will be previewed on FOX FOOTY Live all week leading up to the first game next Wednesday 8th April.

FOX FOOTY experts will also continue to entertain fans with live recalls of four of the top 50.

Voting opens at 5pm Thursday 2nd April and closes at 8pm on Tuesday 7th April.