I'm bored, what games should I watch? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm bored, what games should I watch?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Watching round 2 2017, geez, we're playing Collingwood so I'm expecting they will have 21 players n the ground. Not being disappointed.

A Richmond player gets shoved, very very very very obviously in the back - no free. A Richmond player wafts past a Collingwood player's back trying to spoil a mark - in the back. Unreal.

DS

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Not one of our games but Sunderland till I Die on netflix is a cracker. I haven't watched the second series yet but looking fwd to it.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Richmond Games to Vote for
1970 @ VFL Park vs Hawthorn this one i have been voting for as would be brilliant to see again
1973 1974 1980 Grand Finals

FOX FOOTY Presents ‘The 50-50’ over five massive days of AFL this Easter. Fans have the opportunity to vote for their TOP FIVE favourite games of all time from an inspiring list of 100 of the best from the last 50 years.

The games will be previewed on FOX FOOTY Live all week leading up to the first game next Wednesday 8th April.

FOX FOOTY experts will also continue to entertain fans with live recalls of four of the top 50.

Voting opens at 5pm Thursday 2nd April and closes at 8pm on Tuesday 7th April.

Games are hand selected for voting by Gerad (I hate Richmond") Healy, Mike (I hate Richmond) Sheehan, Braddie (I Hate Richmond) Johnston, and Dwayne (I F%&^&%%*&*^ Hate Richmond) Russell.

All games involved are a game in which the RFC loses in the most heartbreakig and pathetic fashion.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Not one of our games but Sunderland till I Die on netflix is a cracker. I haven't watched the second series yet but looking fwd to it.

Absolutely agree.
Totally riveting viewing and some classic characters especially the die-hard supporters.
Only got Netflix last week but have binge watched both series now - finished S2 this arvo.
Different sport and different culture - but still many similarities with our journey.

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
"Fighting Fury "on u tube . Richmond FC history 1999Australian Football Video. costasports.
It is a wonderful history of the RFC fron Dyers time till 1999.
I loved the videos of the late 50s and early 60s which are rarely seen.
Best of all is the Hafey/ Premiership era.
Of note..the sides are very tall, usually three ruckmen.
Hart, Bartlett, Barrott, Bourke were stars. M Keane was very impressive in the 70s and was our home coming hero for the last game in 2019 v Lions. Wayne Walsh was a standout and would be a star now.
Speedy became a great on baller with football smarts and very early use of attacking handball where most others just kicked.
Wonderful to see Whale Roberts, Bustling Billy, Mike Patterson , Fred Swift , Nev Crowe and Tommy who have all left us.
Of note, we were very dominant in the early 70s.....flag 67,69, GF 72 and flags 73 and 74. The best team over a decade by far.
It is two hours long but highly recommended.
Would have loved to have seen that.

is there any way to get another view?

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Absolutely agree.
Totally riveting viewing and some classic characters especially the die-hard supporters.
Only got Netflix last week but have binge watched both series now - finished S2 this arvo.
Different sport and different culture - but still many similarities with our journey.
Sunderland till I die was great. Especially seeing the pressure of bringing in players in the January transfer window.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
The round 10 game sainters v. tigers, 2012, is one of the best games I have seen for a long time. The score changed almost every few mintutes, and good part is we actually won.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The round 10 game sainters v. tigers, 2012, is one of the best games I have seen for a long time. The score changed almost every few mintutes, and good part is we actually won.

They showed 2 games over the weekend when we ended long droughts against Stkilda and then against Collingwood.
I would love to see the game against hawthorn at VFL park we won ending a 10 year drought.

There should be a DVD
Called Drought Breakers
The story of Richmond football club beating oppostion sides they havent beaten for long preiods.
Geelong in the late 90's
Hawthorn in the mid 90"s
Collingwood in 2015
Stkilda in 2012
Etc

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm going through 2017 in my spare time - which I don't have much of working from home.

Today I finished watching Round 3 against West Coast. Great game and a win which showed a much more competitive team. A team who could be behind for a lot of the game and yet not let it get away and still fight back to win. There will be losses, even bad losses that do get away from this team, but that ability to hang in there and eventually prevail was such a huge step forward. I always remember when Geelong drew level in the QF and I knew if we won it from there we were the real deal and a genuine chance. Some of these signs are evident earlier in the year, but not quite the full package yet. Still, after watching round 3, and notwithstanding a few promising starts over the years, could this be the team to break the drought??

But there was one moment which was, how can this be explained, weird? Dave Astbury gets the ball in the dying minutes of the last quarter, just forward of the wing. One looks down the ground to see what is ahead and where he will kick it. Then, David Astbury, kicks it sideways, WTF, is this an imposter??

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Absolutely agree.

Sunderland were a big club in English footy (still are a big club ) but had owners that of recent years didn't tip the Millions in and quickly landed themselves in the League One after free falling through thr Championship from the Premier League in back to back seasons.

Very rusted on fans very tribal very passionate, and a hatred of all things Black and White and Magpies (Newcastle Utd) that is near incendiary.

The disdain and hatred of Newcastle and everything black and white is reciprocated towards the Mackems from their Geordie neighbours, and no doubt one of the biggest hatreds or rivalries going around in the UK. Beating Newcastle is all they care about and vice versa, with the Mackems having a fairly healthy recent record over the Magpies in the last 10 years when they've played.

I went to school with a guy whose dad played for Sunderland and he schooled me on it.

My hatred of everything black and white would have to lend me toward supporting the Black Cats against the Magpies as well.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’m watching the last 10 games of 2015. Round 13 vs Sydney- nasty affair big high hit on Edwards by buddy, incredible goal by Cotchin (he’s great to watch any year), downside is vickory is still playing:(

Reactions: 1 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I watched the 2013 EF v Carlton last night, not sure why.....But it did make me realise and appreciate how far we have come since then

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I watched the 2013 EF v Carlton last night, not sure why.....But it did make me realise and appreciate how far we have come since then

We had them on toast.
Hardwick made errors, his obsession with his favourites.
Conca and Griffens getting injured before half time.
But we had chances, Houli through the middle in the 3rd could've hit up a choice of 3, he bombed it long to a contest. No goal. Edwards not titch the West coast one, played on instead of taking the set shot. No goal.
We got blown away, like we blew teams away late in qtrs.
Pity that won't happen anymore, with the introduction of 5 minute qtrs.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Best game (not a final)
Geelong Richmond Kardaina park
Hyde kicks 4 under Wallace
All i remember of that day was the punch on after the game.