I'm bored, what games should I watch? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm bored, what games should I watch?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Going through my DVD Collection of games at the min to work out what to watch 1st then many more over the weekend

jtigger

Tiger Cub
May 7, 2005
Three of our most important wins under Dimma have been away to Port: that one, which was huge for belief for "the worst team since Fitzroy", the 2017 win, and the 2019 win without Dusty, Cotch, Rance and Jack. I just watched the 2017 game, we were missing Houli, Vlastuin, Graham, Broad and Towner from the flag team, replaced by Short, Menadue, Markov, Lloyd, and Stengle on debut. Port goes clear 50-34 late in the third then we kick six straight goals either side of 3/4 time.
Was one of those Kane Cornes’ 300th?? On Talking Tigers Shaun Grigg named that as one of his 5 all time favourite games!

jtigger

Tiger Cub
May 7, 2005
From memory we rained on Steve Silvagni’s 300th, Kane Cornes, Dustin Fletcher’s 400th, Hird/Sheedy last game in Melbourne

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
2019 Round 22
Vs Freo

Only watched half but a good game to watch. Freo shot out on the lead. Kicked nearly half the score in the 1Q.
Freo 3.4 vs Rich 3.0
Next 3Q
Freo 4.5 vs 22.5
Great smashing, really enjoying this game.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
2019 Round 22
Vs Freo

Only watched half but a good game to watch. Freo shot out on the lead. Kicked nearly half the score in the 1Q.
Freo 3.4 vs Rich 3.0
Next 3Q
Freo 4.5 vs 22.5
Great smashing, really enjoying this game.

2017 round 22 perhaps?

That marble racing was surprisingly worth a watch, must be stuck at home!

DS

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone started watching Tiger King on Netflix?

That *smile* is crazy

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Anyone started watching Tiger King on Netflix?

That **** is crazy

yes , hahaha

Someone on a Joe Rogan podcast recommended it( may have been Joey Diaz) , glad I too the advice

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
There's no footy. I need something to watch. There's the obvious ones in '17 and '19, but those aside, what Tiger classics are worth watching?
I'll start and go somewhat obscure - round 8, 2003. Richmond V Melbourne. Have not found the whole game, but here's extended highlights:

Im watching the 17 finals - just finished the Geelong v Richmond qualifying final. Great game - the last quarter was so enjoyable. After years and years of being abused by the Cats (and watch Gary Ablett kicking 14 from a wing) ... to absolutely blow them off the park like that was so cathartic.

Caddy was unbelievable ... for someone who was supposedly a slow, 'vanila' player - he was awesome. Martin was all the hype and then some. His "Munston" moment was sublime. Prestia gotta be one of the most under-rated mids going around.

Looking forward to the GWS game next!

Reactions: 3 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Loved it especially the pinball style. Must have been a steep land to make the balls continue running.
I hear ya. What about the dude commentating, very professional. This is not a one off either. I think there's a fair dinkum league.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Keep 'em coming, can't find them all but some good stuff here. Watched Richmond v Freo R22 2017 this afternoon, great game.

DS

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Am just watching on u tube 1974 GF Tigers v.Nth. Great game . Full of stars. Nth had been able to select some champions from other teams due to a change in the transfer rules for 10 year players so got Wade..100 goal FF, B Davis , bombers captain, F Rantall, Sth star and had B Cable WA champion , Kekovich and K Greig duel Brownlow winner, Dench best FBack to name a few. Plenty of fathers of recent players for us and Balme, Hart, Sheedy, Bartlett, Bourke also Green (grandson now at giants). High standard game, tough, lots of torps and some drop kicks. We go back to back and Nth win their first the next year. Great Tiger times.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Over the weekend watched 73 74 80 17 19 Grand Finals and 19 QF PF

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Round 5 2003 V Hawthorn at the MCG. Huge comeback. Not sure where I can watch a replay but this one was extremely satisfying.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Walking dead might be appropriate for the current time.
I got up to around season 6 as it started to get too repetitive

Filthy Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 10, 2014
Not games but great content. Look these up on YouTube:

'Break The Fall' - 2017 Grand Final Doco
'The Wounded Tiger' - AFL made 2017 Doco
'A Decade of Dusty' - AFL made 10mins of Dusty highlights
'From prison to premiership: Marlion Pickett’s ‘fairytale’ AFL comeback' - Australian Story episode
'The hardest road to Grand Final glory' - AFL made doco about Pickett