Image editting software | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Image editting software

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I run a few websites and I'm struggling to find one image handling package which meets my modest requirements without going overboard and making things overly complex. What I want to do is relatively simple image edits (resize, crop, change formats (compress) etc). Nothing fancy like professionals messing with colors and all that stuff. Don't even want to build new fancy images. Just photo editting etc.
Two things I have looked at, both go close but each has a major drawback ...
1. Adobe Photoshop Elements. Good editting features but I really hate packages that mess around with your directory structure and try to do too much "cataloging". I really don't want that. Too often it gets very confusing with how it catalogs your files, and quite frankly I gave up.
2. ACDSee good simple editting. Great "seamless" usage of the windows directory structure (i.e. it does no cataloging). Only problem: I can't find a way to "copy" an image (or part of an image) and paste it onto a larger canvas (APE will do this).

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations in this area?

Have a look at GIMP, it is a freeware program. It takes a while to load up, yet it has everything you need & they continually upgrade it. Just do a google search to find the download.