In Memory of Captain Blood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

In Memory of Captain Blood

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
24s_dyer2,0.jpg

I was looking at this picture of the rally in 1990 (I know breaking the rules posting it ;D ) and it made me think WE are this club.

Crap administrators, coaches, hearltess players etc come and go but the supporters are constant.

The club seem to treat supporters as a bit of a necessary evil but without us Richmond wouldn't exist.

We can't let the efforts Jack made for our club be wasted.

He was a supporter like us who wouldn't give up because times were bad.

In the memory of Captain Blood, and despite our opinions on the current coach and players, we need to stick together to make Richmond a force to be reckoned with again.

It's important for everyone who can afford a membership to buy one. If you're not happy with the way things are at present slip in a note explaining that.

Support the club in anyway you can. That can be buying a membership as well as voicing your opinions about how the club has been travelling.

Go The Mighty Tiges. We'll be here long after the current personal are gone, and one day we'll taste success again.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I have to echo the sentiment here. I am often amazed at why we follow one footy club with such a passion. I was 17 when we won the flag in 1980, but I still follow the same team with the same passion. What does the RFC of 1980 have in common with the RFC of 2003? (I am not asking this rhetorically with a view to on-field performance, I mean in general). Answer: ZERO, except for the colours and the fans.
Regardless of what happens to the team, if you don't buy a membership you aren't a real fan and certainly have no business posting a message board like this. I live 20,000 kms away and haven't been to a Richmond game in 13 years but I buy one anyway.
Yes, the fans are the club. They are the only constant. And for most of us, buying a membership and going to games is about the ONLY way we can contribute.

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Without the passionate fans that richmond has the club would not have been in the afl. the club and the players have to thank supporters for all those years. and by the way. if you dont buy a membership, that doesnt mean that you arent a real fan. if you support the club in any way, you are a true fan. GO THE TIGERS.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Excellent post Rosy3, I totally agree with you.

It would be great if the RFC could put a picture of Jack Dyer on the memberships next year.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Vadim if you have a legit reason such as financial reasons (which si the only reason legit i can think of) fair enough dont have to be a member. Otherwise I think ti si jsut selfsih. Jsut my opinnion dont expect others to agree. Now I can financially affordi t I became one, that was the only thing holding me back until this year.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I was at that rally - I have spent alot of time over the last couple of days thinking about it.

Remembering it. Standing a few metres away from a legend and being unable to move or speak because I was simply in awe.

I have cried a fair bit too. Been a bit angry and then cried some more.

Rosy you're quite right WE are this club.

It is OUR club, it was Jack Dyer's Club and if that isn't a reason to remain or become a member then I don't know what is.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
We are known as having the most passionate supporters, and I for one, am very proud of that.

I look at our list and think "yeah, there's a fair bit of room for improvement," but I also believe our list of younger players is the best it's been in 20 years. For once, we have a good nucleus of players coming through together, and we should be excited. I agree, get rid of the fringe players, but look at the likes of Coughlan, Roden, Newman, Zantuck, Krak, McGrath, and even Shultz, and I can certainly see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't remember a team of Tigers with so much home grown potential.

Me, a member? Most definatley.

Go Tigers.