Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So what your saying is we should consult them about about laws ,if we start changing laws for indigenous people,you are creating an even bigger divide than what already exists ..
You can talk until the cows come home,but that's not stopping children and women getting abused,it's time to close a lot of these government funded community camps ,and moving people into more populated area's that have decent education,medical facilities and a chance of a better future.

Not all these camps are Government funded ,some are self sustained ,be it through mining ,and agriculture etc.

Save the kids. Adults are beyond help. We should take Indigenous kids off their abusive parents and foster/adopt them into well adjusted normal families in the cities.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe should ask " Were you a Member of Australian Defence Force . Yes/No " Did you serve in a Overseas Conflict Yes/No. Did you Suffer Trauma from those Conflicts. Yes/No.

Not sure what you're trying to say, unless it's a poor attempt to deflect and use a whataboutism.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
As you put it,white fellas haven't solved the problem,and that's because Governments tip toe around the problems .

There has indeed been a lot of tip toeing around black fellas by white fellas over the last 250 years

They tip toed up to camps in the night, and shot them

They tip toed up to waterholes, and poisoned them

They tip toed up to missions, and took their kids

They tip toed into the station camps, and raped them

They tip toed into communities, and blackbirded them

They tip toed into cells, and beat them

They tip toed into camps in the night,

And shot them

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think opponents to The Voice are largely ignorant of the process to this point.

250 indigenous leaders gathered at Uluru and drafted

the Uluru Statement from The Heart

250 - thats as many people as our house of reps and senate.

The Statement, issued by consensus calls for

1. Constitution recognition and a Voice to Parliament

2. A Treaty and

3. Reconciliation.

This is Black Fellas trying to begin to heal and rebuild,

Conceived by black fellas, for black fellas.

The illogic of opponents to step 1. the Voice who say

'It wont fix their problems'

IS a racist notion.

Simply because they are implying, if not making it explicit,

That Black Peoples problems are

1. Their own doing, and

2. Beyond their ability to even begin to solve.

The Voice can be opposed without racism; constitutional anxiety, fear of the unknown, ignorance

But these mostly require acute laziness

I know its kind of irrelevant,

But if you havnt, or wont take the time to, read

The Uluru Statement from The Heart,

I dont want to talk to you.

Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I think opponents to The Voice are largely ignorant of the process to this point.

250 indigenous leaders gathered at Uluru and drafted

the Uluru Statement from The Heart

250 - thats as many people as our house of reps and senate.

The Statement, issued by consensus calls for

1. Constitution recognition and a Voice to Parliament

2. A Treaty and

3. Reconciliation.

This is Black Fellas trying to begin to heal and rebuild,

Conceived by black fellas, for black fellas.

The illogic of opponents to step 1. the Voice who say

'It wont fix their problems'

IS a racist notion.

Simply because they are implying, if not making it explicit,

That Black Peoples problems are

1. Their own doing, and

2. Beyond their ability to even begin to solve.

The Voice can be opposed without racism; constitutional anxiety, fear of the unknown, ignorance

But these mostly require acute laziness

I know its kind of irrelevant,

But if you havnt, or wont take the time to, read

The Uluru Statement from The Heart,

I dont want to talk to you.
Not all indigenous people want the voice ,they are sick and tired of talk talk talk,they want action.
In SA they are implementing the voice into there parliament ,but from the interviews l seen on tv ,a lot of indigenous people either don't want it,or don't understand what it will achieve ,some are for it.
The main thing l got from the indigenous interviewed is they want action to help there social problems,not more talk.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not all indigenous people want the voice ,they are sick and tired of talk talk talk,they want action.
90% indigenous people want the voice.

1. Voice
2. treaty
3. Reconciliation

One leads to the other, which leads to a different kind of action; indigenous informed action

Have you read the Uluru Statement?

When was the last time you talked with an indigenous person?

Last edited:

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010

1. Voice
2. treaty
3. Reconciliation

One leads to the other, which leads to a different kind of action; indigenous informed action

The Voice waste of Tax payers money. Whilst we spin it around our heads our real problems are ignored.. Treaty why as they were not conquered but Settled. Should be thank full that they now live with Freedom of Speech not like Russia, Iran, Japanese ,China & North Korea. Reconciliation dreamtime. If they want reconciliation there fore for eg they open up Ayres Rock for climbing again. Will they ? No. What you have is an educated lot of mixed race pushing there barrow & do any of them recognise there White Heritage. Prime example footballer called an Ape then went ballistic. Can you imagine this ex footballers kids coming home from a school zoo excursion & say to Daddy " the apes were huge. ". Do you think Daddy would need a triple 000 because he had a melt down over it. Doubt it. Real world is that the genuine hard working Oz has to put up with this crap.

• Dislike

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So, what are you saying now?

That Indigenous Australia would be an authoritarian regime if not for enlightened invasion and takeover by the wonderful colonisers?

That somehow reconciliation requires that we be allowed to trash their culture by climbing Uluru?

This country was invaded in 1788, if you don't like the fact that the original inhabitants have managed to survive then maybe you should go live somewhere else.

DS

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015

1. Voice
2. treaty
3. Reconciliation

*smile*...90 percent
And yes l have read it.
Yesterday l was talking to 3 indigenous people who l know very well,one of them from NT.I was telling them about the poll and comments on here ,and without lies ,they said did a white person start it .

I will add more when l get a bit more time later.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Voice waste of Tax payers money. Whilst we spin it around our heads our real problems are ignored.. Treaty why as they were not conquered but Settled. Should be thank full that they now live with Freedom of Speech not like Russia, Iran, Japanese ,China & North Korea. Reconciliation dreamtime. If they want reconciliation there fore for eg they open up Ayres Rock for climbing again. Will they ? No. What you have is an educated lot of mixed race pushing there barrow & do any of them recognise there White Heritage. Prime example footballer called an Ape then went ballistic. Can you imagine this ex footballers kids coming home from a school zoo excursion & say to Daddy " the apes were huge. ". Do you think Daddy would need a triple 000 because he had a melt down over it. Doubt it. Real world is that the genuine hard working Oz has to put up with this crap.

What the actual *smile*? Probably the worst post I've read on PRE. *smile* racist *smile*.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
*smile*...90 percent
And yes l have read it.
Yesterday l was talking to 3 indigenous people who l know very well,one of them from NT.I was telling them about the poll and comments on here ,and without lies ,they said did a white person start it .

I will add more when l get a bit more time later.

Take your time.

Did you ask your mates what they thought of your hobtailed boots intervention idea?

Put it this way,

If there was a referendum asking

'Should Richmond Football Club have a Voice to the AFL commission'?

Sure there would be 10% richmond members vote no.

'It wont change anything' 'we want action, not words' 'we want 2 seats' 'AFL corrupt *smile* *smile* them'

And 90% would see it as a no brainer and vote

yes

Last edited:

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Anyone wondering about the process of the Voice should watch this mornings Insiders interview with Professor Megan Davis.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Anyone wondering about the process of the Voice should watch this mornings Insiders interview with Professor Megan Davis.

They wont.

Culture War is raging.

ABC werent allowed a camera in Pells funeral - they had to use Skys footage,

Who put an ethereal glow filter around Howard, Abbott and Dutton.

The vast majority of the 20 odd % who will vote No,

Get their opinion from Murdoch,

And will think watching the ABC is akin to enjoying a Savignon Blanc tasting flight with Leon Trotsky.

Fortunately, though, this will be a resounding victory for Culture.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
I voted Probably Yes. I am concerned about the cost, and I’m surprised that hasn’t been highlighted. I assume the Voice will be funded by new money, not funds from other Indigenous areas (or there’d be an outcry). It seems open-ended, and could really blow out.

For example, I’ve heard some mention of salaries for Voice members. But there will need to be a bureaucracy to support it (and the various sub-Voices feeding up the views of the communities). The Voice will advise on “matters affecting Indigenous people” - for legislation on tax/health/copyright/etc the Voice will itself require expensive advisors so it can advise in a fully-informed way. If Parliament legislates a budget limit, the Voice could point to the Constitution and challenge it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I voted Probably Yes. I am concerned about the cost, and I’m surprised that hasn’t been highlighted. I assume the Voice will be funded by new money, not funds from other Indigenous areas (or there’d be an outcry). It seems open-ended, and could really blow out.

For example, I’ve heard some mention of salaries for Voice members. But there will need to be a bureaucracy to support it (and the various sub-Voices feeding up the views of the communities). The Voice will advise on “matters affecting Indigenous people” - for legislation on tax/health/copyright/etc the Voice will itself require expensive advisors so it can advise in a fully-informed way. If Parliament legislates a budget limit, the Voice could point to the Constitution and challenge it.

A legitimate concern IMO,

But it would have to have to be allocated a budget,

Like every public body in the land.

I imagine if a Voice members full-time job is to consult constituency and bein canberra for sittings, theyde be on a backbencher salary? $200k ish???

But the whole point is, black fellas will get a budget, and theylle spend it.

Yes, they will mis-spend, but it'll be their mis-spend

And ill stake both nuts it wont EVER get close to the Morrison Govt mis-spend.

But you're 100% right,

Reconciliation wont come easy or cheap.

Think about whats being undertaken.

But in my veiw, the cost of not reconciling will be immeasurably more costly, socially, fiscally, culturally and morally

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
What the actual *smile*? Probably the worst post I've read on PRE. *smile* racist *smile*.
LoL Racist .
Called a lot during my time but Racist takes the cake. Water off a ducks back just like insults during the Vietnam War.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

First, any policy tweak, let alone major policy reform, on any issue, the government uses expensive advisors. Some are useless and overpaid party hacks, some bargain priced and brilliant with minds like steel traps, that is the nature of government. Why would a major policy reform in Indigenous affairs be any different?

Second, even if it has a marginal improvement in outcomes, the economic benefits will outweigh the cost of business as usual.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LoL Racist .
Called a lot during my time but Racist takes the cake. Water off a ducks back just like insults during the Vietnam War.
We are still waiting for any sort of evidence, or even just 1 example, of the rivers of taxpayers cash you said are flowing directly into Aboriginal people's pockets.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I wonder how many of those who are against "the voice" because it is symbolic are in favour of us having a rich Englishman as our head of state?