Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Thank you for the advise oh mighty Oracle.
Reparation discussions have already begun in Queensland ,and are SUPPOSE to be in the pipeline for Vic/Nsw .
I would like to know what are the Reparations for .

I think your very naive if you think that there won't be any Reparations at federal level .
What happens to the current Australia day ,which the minorities are so against .
What happens to the Australian flag .
One of Twiggy Forests agriculture businesses wanted to get water rights ,and was knocked back because their is suppose to be mythical serpent that travels along the river.
What happens to National and State parks ,if they are deemed to be of culture value.
Netball Australia is crying out for sponsors ,yet because of disgusting comments made by Hankock decades ago,they wouldn't except money from his daughter.
This was caused by one person,who wasn't even born when those comments where made .
Im sure there are many more examples ,and things won't get better by voting Yes ,it will cause more division than what already exists .

Amazing that at one point in this debate you claimed to be concerned with what happens to indigenous people in remote communities.

As I predicted you've given all that away for simple racist propaganda.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Don't you find it a coincidence that now the Voice is being discussed ,that state reparations are being talked about ,or in Queenslands case being organized .
What are the reparations for,and who's paying for them,you would hope only the big hearted naive yes voters will.

My argument still stands ,NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE END RESULT WILL BE IF YOU VOTE YES .
You do know the former Liberal government, under the big hearted naive Scott Morrison, established a fund to pay reparations to Indigenous Australians in the NT and ACT (areas the Fed Gov is responsible for) in 2021 I assume?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If anyone still needed proof that Australia is still inherently a racist country, you need to look no further than what's happening with the Voice referendum to see that it's indisputable.

This referendum will put a % figure on our racism.

I think we are about 35% racist.

And that can be subdivided into

Downright nasty racists; and

Dumb, incidental racists.

Active and passive racists, if you like.

Most people who vote yes will exhibit racist behaviours; we almost all do,

But No voters are racist

But of the 35% racists, only about 1% will identify as racists.

I reckon its got to be the least insightful human failing easily?

Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Amazing that at one point in this debate you claimed to be concerned with what happens to indigenous people in remote communities.

As I predicted you've given all that away for simple racist propaganda.
It's not racist propaganda it's fact .
Funny how you Yes voters try and play the racist card .
You do know the former Liberal government, under the big hearted naive Scott Morrison, established a fund to pay reparations to Indigenous Australians in the NT and ACT (areas the Fed Gov is responsible for) in 2021 I assume?
Yep wasn't that partial stolen generation payments,and most going towards closing the gap.
I want to see what the state reparations are for ,they probably won't say until after the voice voting.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep wasn't that partial stolen generation payments,and most going towards closing the gap.
I want to see what the state reparations are for ,they probably won't say until after the voice voting.
The Vic scheme has already started. and it is the same as the federal scheme.
Queensland had one scheme start about 6 years ago to repay stolen wages, and are looking at another to replicate what Morrison has done in the ACT and NT, and what is happening in Vic. and NSW.

This is seperate from any voice to parliament.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
The Vic scheme has already started. and it is the same as the federal scheme.
Queensland had one scheme start about 6 years ago to repay stolen wages, and are looking at another to replicate what Morrison has done in the ACT and NT, and what is happening in Vic. and NSW.

This is seperate from any voice to parliament.
I think the current Queensland one is about treaty which is expected to cost hundreds of millions .
Victoria is treaty too,and l guess NSW will be as well..

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
This referendum will put a % figure on our racism.

I think we are about 35% racist.

And that can be subdivided into

Downright nasty racists; and

Dumb, incidental racists.

Active and passive racists, if you like.

Most people who vote yes will exhibit racist behaviours; we almost all do,

But No voters are racist

But of the 35% racists, only about 1% will identify as racists.

I reckon its got to be the least insightful human failing easily?
Wot !! Amazing how a brain can effuse such diarrheoa.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Don't you find it a coincidence that now the Voice is being discussed ,that state reparations are being talked about ,or in Queenslands case being organized .
What are the reparations for,and who's paying for them,you would hope only the big hearted naive yes voters will.

My argument still stands ,NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE END RESULT WILL BE IF YOU VOTE YES .
Mabo, Sorry Day, pretty sure the same "end of life as we know it" claims were made by opponents.
Doing nothing is not an option. Children are dying or suffering from chronic health and mental conditions, and facing poor life outcomes should they survive into adulthood. The status quo is unacceptable. You worry about reparations? Money???? Shame on you.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I think the current Queensland one is about treaty which is expected to cost hundreds of millions .

Hundreds of millions. :ROFLMAO:
Can't even buy an AFL stadium for that. Heaven help us if we actually paid an appropriate sum for the damage done. That sum is chicken feed.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Mabo, Sorry Day, pretty sure the same "end of life as we know it" claims were made by opponents.
Doing nothing is not an option. Children are dying or suffering from chronic health and mental conditions, and facing poor life outcomes should they survive into adulthood. The status quo is unacceptable. You worry about reparations? Money???? Shame on you.
Ah you haven't read my earlier posts on here about child abuse ,but State and territory Governments and Indigenous adults need to take responsibility .
Financial Reparations or the Voice isn't going to fix the problem.
Hundreds of millions. :ROFLMAO:
Can't even buy an AFL stadium for that. Heaven help us if we actually paid an appropriate sum for the damage done. That sum is chicken feed.
The federal/states/Territories Governments spend over 30 Billion + a year on Indigenous issues ,people,programs etc etc ,and you think Australian taxpayers should payout Billions more.
Maybe all the Yes voters can come together ,and sell their houses (if they own one) and give over half there work pay ,and give it all to the Indigenous reparations ,lm sure the Yes voters wouldn't have a problem with that,when they consider Australia is not their country.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

A treaty is also different to reparations mate. A treaty is... a treaty.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Have you read through it ,all Victorians should

I totally support a treaty between First Nations peoples and the Australian government - should have been done a century ago. NZ had the Treaty of Waitangi and lo and behold New Zealand still exists.

Regardless, this is a separate topic to the Voice. Have you got an argument to vote No?

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Lot of mixed blood White Honkies will be putting their hand out if/when Reparations are doled out.