Injuries - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries - 2019

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Pretty sobering report I thought. Some of our very best are some time away from playing

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Pretty sobering report I thought. Some of our very best are some time away from playing

Yep, and many have missed a lot of footy so when they do come back they will need some time to find form and we definitely don't have the luxury of dropping too many games on the run home.

Last year 13 wins got Geelong into 8th position with the worst percentage of those on equal points, if we work on a similar scenario we will need to win 6 from 9. Taking a look i have put my own chance percentages for both wins and losses which i am sure is up for debate with the masses:

Win Categories
Lock in wins: Saints/Suns/Carlton
70/30 us: Brisbane/Melbourne
60/40 us: Port Adelaide

Loss
30/70 us: GWS
20/80 us: Pies/Eagles

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The AFL site now aligns with what Peter Burge said in his report so posting below so we can now track against expectations, (sure beats short, short-medium, medium, medium-long, long term):

PlayerInjuryEstimated Return
David AstburyHamstringAvailable
Trent CotchinHamstringTest
Shane EdwardsHamstringTest
Luke EnglishShoulder1 week
Kane LambertAchillesTest
Oleg MarkovSuspensionRound 16
Callum MooreAnkle5-6 weeks
Toby NankervisAdductor3-4 weeks
Marlion PickettFinger4-5 weeks
Alex RanceKneeSeason
Jack RiewoldtPCL2-3 weeks
Jack RossAnkle4-5 weeks
Jayden ShortElbowTest
Ivan SoldoIllnessAvailable
Fraser TurnerLeg4-5 weeks
Updated: Tuesday, June 25

Fancy table!

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Yep, and many have missed a lot of footy so when they do come back they will need some time to find form and we definitely don't have the luxury of dropping too many games on the run home.

Last year 13 wins got Geelong into 8th position with the worst percentage of those on equal points, if we work on a similar scenario we will need to win 6 from 9. Taking a look i have put my own chance percentages for both wins and losses which i am sure is up for debate with the masses:

Win Categories
Lock in wins: Saints/Suns/Carlton
70/30 us: Brisbane/Melbourne
60/40 us: Port Adelaide

Loss
30/70 us: GWS
20/80 us: Pies/Eagles

From your above estimations, my opinion would be as follows:

80/20 us: Saints, Suns
65/35 us: Carlton
60/40 us: Brisbane
55/45 us: GWS, Melbourne, Port
50/50: WCE
40/60 us: Coll

Above takes into account the likely strength of the oppositions lineups; ie; Melbourne have started to play more like last year and getting alot of players back, ditto with Port & WCE (Barrass for the Eagles been a massive out, due back this week or next, Natanui also back), they are all getting back to full strength and good form.

It's gonna be harder than people think to make the 8 from here, we do have our last 7 at the G but most are against very good opposition who look likely to field near full strength teams.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The AFL has just released the 2018 official Injury Report which has shown a significant spike in injuries. It will likely be worse again this year.
At what stage does common sense come into play & they reduce the interchange bench substantially to take some of the speed out of the game? It's clear players bodies just aren't coping.
High speed equals soft tissue & collision injuries. Slow the game down by fatiguing the participants. Less contests, less burst speed, less injuries..
Dangerfield & the AFLPA standing in the way of this is madness.

Eric

Tiger Rookie
May 1, 2005
The AFL has just released the 2018 official Injury Report which has shown a significant spike in injuries. It will likely be worse again this year.
At what stage does common sense come into play & they reduce the interchange bench substantially to take some of the speed out of the game? It's clear players bodies just aren't coping.
High speed equals soft tissue & collision injuries. Slow the game down by fatiguing the participants. Less contests, less burst speed, less injuries..
Dangerfield & the AFLPA standing in the way of this is madness.

Limiting interchanges will 100% increase injuries not decrease them

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
10 not picked this weekend

Riewoldt 2-3 Knee
Rance season Knee
Nankervis 3-4. Groin
Ross 4-5 Ankle

Markov 1. suspended
Moore 5-6 ankle

Miller ?
English 1 shoulder
Turner 4-5. Leg
Pickett 4-5 finger

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If Rance
Riewoldt
Nankervis
Ross were available.
Then who misses out?

It would be an interesting team night.

Nankervis for Soldo would be obvious.
Maybe short & Ross come back through the vfl.
And Butler out Riewoldt in.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Liam Baker may be an injury watch? didn't play the last quarter and a half ini VFL but I didn't see him come off the ground,

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My untrained eye training report last week penciling Nank in for Port game could come to fruition, listed as a probable. :D , (do we run him a half in the twos or straight in?). in the two's for me.
As I mentioned fro VFL report Bakes didn't play the last quarter and a half and is doubtful with a hip.

INJURY LIST - JULY 15, 2019
Probable
Nankervis – Adductor tendon

Questionable
Noah Balta – Quadricep
Liam Baker – Hip
Maverick Weller - Ribs

Unavailable
Marlion Pickett - Finger (short term)
Jack Ross – Ankle (medium term)
Fraser Turner – Femur (medium term)
Callum Moore – Ankle (medium term)
Alex Rance – Knee (long term)

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
My untrained eye training report last week penciling Nank in for Port game could come to fruition, listed as a probable. :D , (do we run him a half in the twos or straight in?
As I mentioned fro VFL report Bakes didn't play the last quarter and a half and is doubtful with a hip.

Probable

Questionable
Noah Balta – Quadricep
Liam Baker – Hip
Maverick Weller - Ribs

Unavailable

Get him in. Rest him forward or play him in front of Dixon
Great ground work Master Caesar!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My untrained eye training report last week penciling Nank in for Port game could come to fruition, listed as a probable. :D , (do we run him a half in the twos or straight in?). in the two's for me.

Probable

Questionable
Noah Balta – Quadricep
Liam Baker – Hip
Maverick Weller - Ribs

Unavailable

Interesting: I heard Fraser Turner telling a friend of his at 1/4 time huddle in the VFL that he was probably 2 weeks away, apparently he repeated this at the pre-game 3121 function?.
Above Fraser is listed as (medium term) yet Marlion is listed as (short term), does that mean 1 week for Marlion?, i think not as he has yet to join in a main training session. Will look forward to seeing if he joins in Thursday's main training session

Last edited: