Injury Report - Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Report - Season 2023

Everyone going on about soft tissues -

Gibcus, Short

Pickett tightness/sore (about to play? ), who else
Ross - no. Knee
Graham - no. Toe
Sonsie?
Prestia - no, nothing to do with training loads etc
Broad was tightness only he’s playing
Tarrant - no. Hip

Reactions: 1 users
There’s a rumour going around on social media that gastro had swept through the club. May explain some lethargic performances and some missing personnel like Biggie and Brown
That's definitely possible. We had four sick last week in our department at work (with gastro). Not sure on the wider business. It's going around, just not sure it was what was wrong with us.

At what point does it become a trend?
I would have thought we have already established a trend?

I'd want to see the injuries continue in season before I was too concerned about the overall program.

Looking at what we've had this preseason, I'd dismiss the Gibcus, Lynch, Ross, Tarrant, Smith, Bauer and Graham injuries as being a different category. Then you've got Grimes and Prestia who have had some sort of issue potentially but again are a different management issue.

That leaves hamstrings to Broad, Castagna, now it seems Short has a tight calf and Sonsie and Pickett have had a hip flexor and a adductor.

There's really not much controllable in that lot when you analyse it, the only question at the moment would be if the management of the other guys is as good as it could be.

Reactions: 2 users
now it seems Short has a tight calf
Remember Shorty was in rehab for about a month post Christmas without an explanation to what the injury was, (no mention of any injury at all i believe?), hope it wasn't a calf as it would mean whatever strength and conditioning that was done on it failed.

The Prestia injury isn't great timing. Very important player.
No doc but will be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't miss at least a couple of weeks.
They'll want to make sure that's right given he injured it in a tackle & could easily do it again.

The Prestia injury isn't great timing. Very important player.
No doc but will be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't miss at least a couple of weeks.
They'll want to make sure that's right given he injured it in a tackle & could easily do it again.
Seemed to be moving ok today if what the club’s put up today is actually from today.

Prestia, Short injury update​

The latest injury update on Dion Prestia and Jayden Short following Saturday's practice match against Melbourne at Casey Fields.
By Richmond Media

Scans have confirmed midfielder Dion Prestia suffered a strained pectoral muscle in Saturday's practice match against Melbourne at Casey.
Prestia remains a chance to play in the Round 1 clash against Carlton at the MCG on March 16.

Scans have also revealed Jayden Short has a left calf strain.
Short’s availability for Round 1 will be assessed closer to next Thursday’s season opener.

I think the question we should be asking is our list with injuries good enough to beat Carlton's list with their injuries? IMO YES.

No, but he was doing some goal kicking practice and running around like a headless chook waving his arms about laughing and carrying on.
I walked past at normal training hour this morning and no sign of any.

I walked past at normal training hour this morning and no sign of any.
Probably recorded then. That’s why I said I wasn’t sure if it was done today or not. It was a clip for a sponsor they put out today.

Actually it must have been recorded because they have these days off under their AFLPA collective agreement.

Reactions: 1 user
Today’s injury report was hard to listen to , so many on there before a ball is bounced ! Unfortunately Tarrant is a definite non starter for round 1

• Angry
Today’s injury report was hard to listen to , so many on there before a ball is bounced ! Unfortunately Tarrant is a definite non starter for round 1
20% of our list unavailable for selection in round 1 feels super high.

Brown unlucky with a wrist fracture.
Needs everything going right for him or he risks falling too far behind his draft year team mates and will have to ward off the new draftees like Green and Cambell.
Out of sight, out of mind is a real thing in football clubs.

Worst injury prep to round 1 in my living memory regardless of who crawls to the line, those that do will be underdone :mad: :(
@The Big Richo how can you get a nasty infection so long after hamstring surgery?
Looks like Tylar Young gets thrown to the wolves round 1 with no Tarrant.
New additions to injury list Shorty and Tom Brown.
Marlion no certainty when I assured everyone he would be right:confused:
You can't play Graham no matter what mountain of work he has done as no match play.
Ross?
Sonz virtually no match sim only getting into it now surely can't be selected.
Dion at least it ain't his legs so strained pec unlikely to stop him.
But it is all good for Colina might actually kick a footy in 6 weeks:rolleyes:

Hopefully I don't add to the list in my next few training viewings.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
If Carlton can’t beat us in round 1 with our injuries they cannot win the premiership :devilish: :cool:

Get it right Sin.

We could have 22 of our best 22 out, but it doesn't compare if Sam Walsh misses with injury.

• Haha
  • Love
Worst injury prep to round 1 in my living memory regardless of who crawls to the line, those that do will be underdone :mad: :(
@The Big Richo how can you get a nasty infection so long after hamstring surgery?
Looks like Tylar Young gets thrown to the wolves round 1 with no Tarrant.
New additions to injury list Shorty and Tom Brown.
Marlion no certainty when I assured everyone he would be right:confused:
You can't play Graham no matter what mountain of work he has done as no match play.
Ross?
Sonz virtually no match sim only getting into it now surely can't be selected.
Dion at least it ain't his legs so strained pec unlikely to stop him.
But it is all good for Colina might actually kick a footy in 6 weeks:rolleyes:

Hopefully I don't add to the list in my next few training viewings.
Sonz did feature in the bests in the VFL of limited preparation so that’s a positive. They may give him another 1/2 to 3/4 this Friday to have him cherry ripe?
By the sounds of it Graham should feature on Friday too. Depends how he pulls up I suppose but he’s a senior player at our disposal if he’s not too rusty.
I’m trying very hard to find some positives amongst the gloom