Injury Report - Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Report - Season 2023

@The Big Richo how can you get a nasty infection so long after hamstring surgery?

Sounds like just a straight infection in the wound. They can pop up quite some time after the surgery, something nasty finds it's way in and creates a skin infection.

They will make you pretty crook as well so he has likely not done much for a good period and will be starting from scratch conditioning wise.

Even without an infection I've got him in the maybe make a contribution in the second half of the year if all goes well, but it would be a bonus. With infection he likely gets pushed another 3 or 4 weeks back.

If Carlton can’t beat us in round 1 with our injuries they cannot win the premiership :devilish: :cool:
Get it right Sin.

We could have 22 of our best 22 out, but it doesn't compare if Sam Walsh misses with injury.

Starting to get the feeling the prediction should have said make the 8.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For me we didn't invest in our fitness department I didn't like the promotion within fullstop last year was a disaster the club had to spend the cash and recruit someone decent.

Must be close to the worst pre-season preparation in a long, long time. Just doesn't augur well along with the praccy games. Sure, they don't mean heaps but struggled to put Norf away; Doggies beat them by 58! Then Smelbourne do us by the same margin easily.

Just hope this is not all pointing to signs of age and decline, especially when the aged Moggies turned up and won the flag in '22.

Was Peggy our (relatively) good luck charm? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
It is difficult with the soft cap but it is starting to look like we should have gone outside the club for a new fitness boss. With all these injuries and interrupted pre seasons and our tough early draw the season could slip away very quickly.

Only Gibcus (which couldn't really be prevented) and Short are soft tissues though.

Not sure how even the greatest fitness staff in the world can prevent ankles, toes, hips, knees, wrists etc from getting injured.

It's mostly tough luck. At least we're having it early in the year and the new injuries aren't to our prime movers (in most cases)

Reactions: 10 users
Only Gibcus (which couldn't really be prevented) and Short are soft tissues though.

Not sure how even the greatest fitness staff in the world can prevent ankles, toes, hips, knees, wrists etc from getting injured.

It's mostly tough luck. At least we're having it early in the year and the new injuries aren't to our prime movers (in most cases)
Marlion - adductor. Might have been some others over the pre season as well. Caesar would know.

Listening to the injury report I expect Prestia, Graham and Ross available for selection.

Reactions: 1 users
Worst injury prep to round 1 in my living memory regardless of who crawls to the line, those that do will be underdone :mad: :(
@The Big Richo how can you get a nasty infection so long after hamstring surgery?
Looks like Tylar Young gets thrown to the wolves round 1 with no Tarrant.
New additions to injury list Shorty and Tom Brown.
Marlion no certainty when I assured everyone he would be right:confused:
You can't play Graham no matter what mountain of work he has done as no match play.
Ross?
Sonz virtually no match sim only getting into it now surely can't be selected.
Dion at least it ain't his legs so strained pec unlikely to stop him.
But it is all good for Colina might actually kick a footy in 6 weeks:rolleyes:

Hopefully I don't add to the list in my next few training viewings.
Sounds like rossy should be a strong chance to play , Hugo ,juddy and mansell should all pres claims for a spot

Starting to get the feeling the prediction should have said make the 8.
I reckon making no specific predictions in relation to results in early rounds is the best way to go ….
They are notoriously bad indicators and have always been that way

I reckon making no specific predictions in relation to results in early rounds is the best way to go ….
They are notoriously bad indicators and have always been that way
Exactly. Too many doom and gloom predictions around here.

The season doesn’t even begin to take shape until after round 5. For reference, both St Kilda and Carlton were 4-1 after five rounds last year and we all know how that ended. Geelong were 3-2 btw.

For me we didn't invest in our fitness department I didn't like the promotion within fullstop last year was a disaster the club had to spend the cash and recruit someone decent.
It is difficult with the soft cap but it is starting to look like we should have gone outside the club for a new fitness boss. With all these injuries and interrupted pre seasons and our tough early draw the season could slip away very quickly.

Bit harsh here, you've got to give the guy some time to run a program. We've had a lot of injuries this pre-season but right now only a few seem to have been avoidable and you are always going to have a few.

Reactions: 1 users
@caesar and others have attested to the hard running in particular that we've been doing over summer. When you train that hard soft tissue injuries can happen. But we'll be fit (when we're fit, if ya folla).