Ins and Outs for Rd 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ins and Outs for Rd 3

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
After watching both games and taking into account Richo's injury, the changes I would like to see are as follows;

Out
Richo - injury
King - hack

In
*Shultz - need the height
*Nicholls - showed some good form up forward
*Krak - why leave him at Coburg
*Fleming - HARD AT IT, will confuse many Richmond supporters when he makes his first appearance. He puts his body in. :eek: :eek:

I would think only the two changes in the end.

thoughts?

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Richo will be a huge loss obviously, lucky it looks like only being 1 week. King should definately get axed! Get rid of Rogers also, our disposal is bad enough in general - don't need Rogers giving every second disposal straight back to the opposition as he's done week in, week out, year in, year out.

The ins....Krak, agree with you totally - why leave him at Coburg. Complete waste of talent down there.
McGrath, he stars for us every week, people are saying he's as good as Daniel Wells for North so why not give him a chance against Freo this week.

But knowing Frawley, he'll probably leave Krak and McGrath in the two's, and bring in Biddiscomb and Vardy or something to that effect!!!

Time will tell.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
In Vardy & Bidderscum
Out Richo & King

Frawley doesnt think long term :mad:

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Ahhhhh team tactic and decision time!!! Frawley the master genius will once again pick the worst players we have on our list and give them a go infront of young guns!!!!

OUTS
Richo
King

INS
Mills
Biddiscombe
Vardy
Hyde

All the big guns are back!!! Yeah!!!

Whos Krakr, Mcgrath, Nicholls, Fleming - too good for our senior side!!! Leave them in the twos!!!

Why would you bring them in when we have the likes of bowden, rogers and tivendale(One good game dont make you a star. Hes done it all his career, everytime hes close to the axe pulls one out of his ass and stays in for another 15 rounds) THANKS TO FRAWLEY MIND YOU!!!!!

I hope he keeps rogers in our backline were his absolutely crap disposal will keep costing us goals and crucial possesion!!! Dont put him up forward were he may be of value!!!!

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Mikee said:
Get rid of Rogers also, our disposal is bad enough in general - don't need Rogers giving every second disposal straight back to the opposition as he's done week in, week out, year in, year out.

I think Rogers will line up at Full Forward actually. Has been a good leading option in the past and is a reliable goal kicker. Was our leading goalkicker in 2000.

Outs: Richo, King, Zantuck

Ins : Schulz & Krak (subject to fitness) & Nicholls - Billy showed alot of grunt on Saturday. If no Krak - let's throw in Marty McGrarth

Fleming is a long shot simply because he suffered concussion and blurred vision on Saturday for Coburg.

And from a totally unbiased point view - I think it is time to promote MATT SHIR to the seniors list from the rookies ;)

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
What I saw of Coburg on the weekend (mind you it was only the 1st qtr and about 10 mins of the 2nd qtr) we don't have much to bring up into the seniors at this point. Hopefully Krakouer got into it a bit more because he was barely sighted early on and *smile* shows why he is playing for Coburg at the moment and not yet ready for the big time.

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
How bad is Zantuck's corky? Is he likely to miss?

What are the chances of Spud dropping his Coache's Pet, Clinton King? Slim at best! I also don't think he'd be willing to change a winning combination!

At the very least, I would expect a forward option to come in for Richo - maybe Marty McGrath's big chance? Also, if Zantuck doesn't come up, expect a hard nut to replace him. Maybe Billy Nicholls or Fleming

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
My guess is that Zantuck will come up, so my stab at the changes is:

Richo, King out
Vardy, Nicholls in

Vardy to play up forward, with instructions to draw his tall defender away from Stafford/Hall at every opportunity, preferably deep, especially if Croad or Pavlich picks him up. Allow Staff to position himself 25 metres out and take as many marks and create as much spillage as possible.

Nicholls in to provide another midfield/forward option as the Dockers strength is it's band of midfield runners. He looked OK to me in the Coburg game. Can take a good grab for a little bloke and is strongly built.

Would like to see Schulz given a go, but if Richo is only going to be out for a week, I can't see the point.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Heard Greg Hutchison on the radio this morning.

Seemed to think Zantuck would be OK.

From what Greg said, I wouldn't expect Schulz to get a go this week. The impression I was left with was that, unless Otto is sidelined for a lot longer than anticipated, then I wouldn't hold my breath on Jay getting much of a go this season, unless absolutely necessary.

Like others, I doubt there will be any more than two changes to the team. Danny's not one for wholesale changes after a loss, let alone a win.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
My ins and outs

Out - Richo (injured), Zantuck (injured) Rogers, King.

In - *smile* (did well on Croft)
- Fleming, Mcgrath, Nicholls.
(Krak looked a bit unfit last week - needs another run)

Fraweleys ins and outs

Out - Richo, Zantuck (if injured)
In - Vardy, Mills.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
Heard Greg Hutchison on the radio this morning.

Seemed to think Zantuck would be OK.

From what Greg said, I wouldn't expect Schulz to get a go this week. The impression I was left with was that, unless Otto is sidelined for a lot longer than anticipated, then I wouldn't hold my breath on Jay getting much of a go this season, unless absolutely necessary.

Like others, I doubt there will be any more than two changes to the team. Danny's not one for wholesale changes after a loss, let alone a win.

Yeah I heard Hutchy's interview too. I was surprised to be honest. I would have thought that this week against Freo would probably be the good game to bring him in. Not just becasue it is Freo but because it's home game at the MCG.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I doubt there will be more than two changes. Too many changes creates instability.

Out: Richo :(, King/Zantuck
In: Vardy (play at FF to force Freo to match a tall on him), Nichols/Krakouer