Inserting an image | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Inserting an image

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
@Mr T.

Anytime I click the insert image button and then try and upload, the picture appears momentarily in my draft post, then a message pops up that says "Oops we ran into some problems" with the same message underneath and the picture disappears.

I've tried changing the file size, different formats, all the same result.

Using a Macbook with Safari.

Any ideas?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
@Mr T.

Anytime I click the insert image button and then try and upload, the picture appears momentarily in my draft post, then a message pops up that says "Oops we ran into some problems" with the same message underneath and the picture disappears.

I've tried changing the file size, different formats, all the same result.

Using a Macbook with Safari.

Any ideas?

I usually get this when the file is too large but you've ruled that out. You could also try logging out of PRE, login again, try again. Even shut your browser down completely between the logins in case there is some caching issue.

The other way is to link to the image rather than upload it... if it exists elsewhere on the web.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I usually get this when the file is too large but you've ruled that out. You could also try logging out of PRE, login again, try again. Even shut your browser down completely between the logins in case there is some caching issue.

The other way is to link to the image rather than upload it... if it exists elsewhere on the web.

Thanks Antman, tried all that and no joy.

Maybe it is too big but I think it's only 12k now. It's a screen shot so can't link it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Thanks Antman, tried all that and no joy.

Maybe it is too big but I think it's only 12k now. It's a screen shot so can't link it.

Maybe try another browser - firefox or chrome. Or upload to a free image host like imgur and link to that.

Reactions: 1 user