International PR Enders | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

International PR Enders

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Hi been meaning to start this thread for awhile for us PRE's who don't live in Australia.
For me in the Soccer mad country of Botswana. PRE is my gateway to the AFL .
Supersport in Africa ( think fox sports in Australia ) covers many sports on their channels. However they don't show AFL :( and the internet here is 2 g and drops out lots so cant stream). So really value PRE and my footy app on my smartphone.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yep in the Hapi Isles for 12 months (Solomons).

It's a Futsal mad country and NRL gets streamed a lot. Strangely they stream AFL on Fridays through one of the fTA networks but this year the AFL in their wisdom decided to not give the Tigers any Friday night games .....argg

I use The Roar or Age score updates

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
hi DJ great thread idea..... in lyon france.
very few aussies here. but an aussie bar on a barge plus a small aussie nightclub. so no footy to speak of. but the international membership/watchafl is great and PRE is a lifeline

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
tigerdell said:
hi DJ great thread idea..... in lyon france.
very few aussies here. but an aussie bar on a barge plus a small aussie nightclub. so no footy to speak of. but the international membership/watchafl is great and PRE is a lifeline

Great city lion ( well that's how Aussies pronounce it) - love to run up the river and there is the best pastry shop in the old town that sell cream sponge cakes - to die for.

davidandessi

Tiger in Seattle
Apr 13, 2015
Fans Abroad

Hi

I'm curious how many members live abroad? I've been living in Seattle area, US since 2006 and curious as to the experience of others being abroad during this historic period for the Tigers. Please point me to a discussion board if one already exists.

Go Tigers!
::)

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Re: Fans Abroad

I think I am the only person in my small town in UK that follows AFL and certainly know I am the only Tiger supporter although there are plenty around who know my affiliation. We don't have to live in Oz to have an abiding love for the Tigers through thick and thin. This year has been the best in my 16 years of following our team with more to follow. Enjoy the ride

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Re: Fans Abroad

I moved to Abu Dhabi last November. I'm on a standby business class flight to Melb tonight! I missed the ballot so it'll cost another arm and leg to satisfy a fat scalper.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Heading back to Melboune for a few weeks , my step father passed Sunday- fureral Thursday and my aunt has been rushed to the alfred hospital today . Get in late Wednesday . Long trip from Nata Botswana and had a late gig at Pelican lodge Sunday -Monday 5am kombi to Francistown ( 4 Hours )bus to Gaborone (7 hours ). Today Bus to Johannesburg. 7hours at airport now . Then fight to Perth and flight to Melbourne .
the good news is I get to see the Mighty Tigers for the first time since April last year when last I was in Australia . Have tickets for Collingwood and Cats games .
Also will be guesting on 3pbs flight 107 to Africa radio show at 3pm Sunday 29th of July if you want to listen in..

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
DjJazzyPete said:
Heading back to Melboune for a few weeks , my step father passed Sunday- fureral Thursday and my aunt has been rushed to the alfred hospital today . Get in late Wednesday . Long trip from Nata Botswana and had a late gig at Pelican lodge Sunday -Monday 5am kombi to Francistown ( 4 Hours )bus to Gaborone (7 hours ). Today Bus to Johannesburg. 7hours at airport now . Then fight to Perth and flight to Melbourne .
the good news is I get to see the Mighty Tigers for the first time since April last year when last I was in Australia . Have tickets for Collingwood and Cats games .
Also will be guesting on 3pbs flight 107 to Africa radio show at 3pm Sunday 29th of July if you want to listen in..

Condolences on your families loss DJ.
Safe travels, good luck
Hope you can watch at least 2 Tiger wins

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
willo said:
Condolences on your families loss DJ.
Safe travels, good luck
Hope you can watch at least 2 Tiger wins
Thanks Willo :) .. just arrived in Perth waiting Meblounre flight ...Yeah hopefully 4 wins .. 2 at the G at the games and 2 watching on the TV .. Miss the footy lots . with not being able to stream ..

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I thought I had posted in here years ago. 38 years a Tiger. 32 of them in Aus. Now living in Dublin. Used to have my Tiger scarf splayed across the sun visors (a cosmetic feature only really in Ireland) so it was very easy to identify. Attracted a few Aussies on holiday in 2018 who were more open saying G'day after that amazing win.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think there are a few other overseas PREnders... I'm currently based in Jakarta, working in the IT area here. Get to Bali a fair bit so don't really miss seeing drunken Aussies watching footy.

I think Baloo is Singapore based? Saigon Tiger I assume is in Saigon.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I'm in France on the swiss border. dont get to see many drunken aussies or live matches of footy. PRE is a lifeline!

Reactions: 1 user
< Hi All! | Howdy >