Internet Explorer closing June 15, 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Internet Explorer closing June 15, 2022

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As IE closes forever next month, does anyone know if this affects the Windows Explorer files (Word, Excel, pdf) that most people use?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As IE closes forever next month, does anyone know if this affects the Windows Explorer files (Word, Excel, pdf) that most people use?
It doesn't. IE is a web browser that everyone should have stopped using years ago. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox is what the average punter would be using now.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It doesn't. IE is a web browser that everyone should have stopped using years ago. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox is what the average punter would be using now.
I (others) would have always thought that because both use the word 'explorer' they'd be related.

So when IE dies, I won't lose and can still use the WinExp files as I still have Win 7 on this old laptop?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I hadnt heard this about IE!
If you still use it, you need to upgrade to a new browser as Baloo mentioned.

I use Chrome so it doesn't bother me, but always wondered if Windows Explorer was connected to IE.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
If you still use it, you need to upgrade to a new browser as Baloo mentioned.

I use Chrome so it doesn't bother me, but always wondered if Windows Explorer was connected to IE.

A quick google search would have answered that for you in a second.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
A quick google search would have answered that for you in a second.
I've done a lot of google searches but nothing convincing and just wanted to get some feedback from here. Just kept on thinking that Windows Explorer being a file manager was somehow connected to Internet Explorer which is a Windows browser. Just confusion with the Windows term.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
2 things.

Windows Explorer is a file management programme. Internet Explorer is a web browser. Apart from a similar name I can't see the connection, in fact, this will help because I often refer to Windows Explorer and people think you are talking about a web browser. Not at all the same.

Windows Explorer closing? I presume if you still have it loaded on your computer it will continue to do what it has always done, can't see any reason why it won't.

DS

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
2 things.

Windows Explorer is a file management programme. Internet Explorer is a web browser. Apart from a similar name I can't see the connection, in fact, this will help because I often refer to Windows Explorer and people think you are talking about a web browser. Not at all the same.

Windows Explorer closing? I presume if you still have it loaded on your computer it will continue to do what it has always done, can't see any reason why it won't.

DS
Thanks DS. All clear now.