iOS and/or Safari crashes/tapatalk plugin [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

iOS and/or Safari crashes/tapatalk plugin [Merged]

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I love reading this forum, and mainly do so on my iPad or iPhone. However, I can almost guarantee that at some stage whilst reading a thread, or switching between boards, I'll get inexplicably kicked out of Safari. No warning, no error message, just everything gone.

I've tried it on other peoples devices thinking it might have been my hardware, but same issue. Your forum software seems to hate either iOS or Safari!

Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it, just thought I'd let you know about it in case you were unaware.

Re: iOS and/or Safari crashes with this forum

It's an IOS4 / safari issue, not a SimpleMachines forum issue.

When I try to log on from my IPhone I am told I am banned from the site and the suspension period is still current. I haven't been banned and I have no problem logging on from my PC. Can you help?

Apparently the Tapatalk app (iOS and Android) is now compatible with Simple Machines forums. It does require the forum hosts to add and activate the tapatalk plugin.

I use tapatalk to access other forums on my phone - it's pretty good and doesn't cost much. Perhaps Rosy could find out if the tapatalk plugin is installed or can be installed by the forum hosts.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2504

Tigers of Old said:
Just on Safari. Anyone thinking of upgrading their Apple OS to Mountain Lion from Lion, don't it sucks.

Mine has been fine. No problems at all... I'm hearing of others with issues... I'm sure an update/bug fixer will be introduced to correspond with iphone 5 release

Tapatalk plugin

Hi Rosy-

wondering if you would consider installing the tapatalk plugin for PRE as per this post
http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=46688.msg1467176#msg1467176

which will make the forum much easier to use on an iphone with the tapatalk app.

It really is awkward to read PRE on Safari iPhone and quite a few other forums I read use tapatalk to good effect.

Thanks for considering.

Re: Tapatalk plugin

Tried installing it once - disaster - immediately filled the forum error logs with trash.
Perhaps the latest version works better.
Reports are that it's not that good anyway, but I can't judge.

It'd be up to the boss if we try to install it again.

It works pretty well for me on other forums, but if it causes hassles for you and Admin. I can live without it.

I've been a bit busy to work it out at the moment. Tester has installed it on our test forum but I gather I have to register it(and pay) on my phone to see what it looks like and how it works. Will probably be Thursday before I get much of a chance to see if I can make sense of it.

rosy23 said:
I've been a bit busy to work it out at the moment. Tester has installed it on our test forum but I gather I have to register it(and pay) on my phone to see what it looks like and how it works. Will probably be Thursday before I get much of a chance to see if I can make sense of it.

I've got the app on my phone I think it costs $3 and i'm pretty sure thats it. It's a fairly handy app and it should make moderating life on the go a bit easier if we're lucky.

Thanks for having another look at it but obviously if it causes hassles then abandon ship. Of course Im sure(?) tapatalk would want their stuff working so they might be of assistance.