Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is PC a euphemism for 'nice?'

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am what I choose to identify as. And if you refuse to acknowledge my identity, I'll got to HR and you'll be in trouble!
Therein lies the issue. You seem to believe that gender dysphoria or being transgender is a choice.
I don’t really want to argue that one with you but that’s why to me your analogy is not relevant. ( unless you really are a King of course )

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Therein lies the issue. You seem to believe that gender dysphoria or being transgender is a choice.
I don’t really want to argue that one with you but that’s why to me your analogy is not relevant. ( unless you really are a King of course )

Grandiosity is a symptom of mental illness such as NPD, same as gender dysphoria. That’s where the parallel is.

You will abide and indulge my mental illness. Or else!!

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Grandiosity is a symptom of mental illness such as NPD, same as gender dysphoria. That’s where the parallel is.

Dressing up in a frock and a crown isnt a mental illness, its your personal choice.
Do it and enjoy.
I hope its something that makes you feel happy

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Yes. As I said I won’t engage in a discussion on whether gender dysphoria is just a symptom of mental illness because my only point is that this is the difference between your view and the view of others.
If you believe that there is no difference between someone who thinks they are a king and someone who has gender dysphoria then that is your right to do so but there will be plenty who disagree with you.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
If you believe that there is no difference between someone who thinks they are a king and someone who has gender dysphoria then that is your right to do so but there will be plenty who disagree with you.

Not saying they're exactly the same, just that I see parallels. I'm fine with people disagreeing as long as they aren't forcing me to adopt their views.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

gender dysphoria is not a mental illness.

unfortunately for you transphobia isnt either.

Reactions: 1 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
PC, SJW all that crap - its just labels that add to our toxic culture.

90% of people who are PC or SJW minded are just people who care for people that are less fortunate or not born male, straight and white basically. I am male, straight and white & i still got problems, many a result of systematic class and heirachry created - however, i have read enough news and travelled to enough 3rd world countries to understand - i am still in the "lucky" pot.

the other 10% of them are dickheads who are (usually) self appointed leaders of a subculture who are just loud, obnoxious and bullies. They dont represent the majority and talk on "behalf" of people who, quite frankly, dont want you talking on their behalf.

This number though is completely normal - all societies have a 10% *smile* head rule, at best. The fact that a label "Social Justice Warrior" even exist is mind boggling. Why on earth do we need a title to describe people who basically want to fight and speak up for other people being negatively affected by systematic problems? It doesn't seem like a character trait we should be putting a negative connotation towards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Sorry but it is listed in the DSM as a disorder.

The obvious parallel is with Body Dysmorphia surely? The clinical advice to people who are "sure" their body is a different shape to what reality attests and who are considered to have a mental disorder is to treat them to try to bring their perception back in line with objective reality. This is considered to be the healthiest path forward. Understandably there is a difference in that over (or under) eating can lead to serious illness and death while gender reassignment is less likely to be fatal. But I cannot accept that anyone who thinks there may be an element of this with some transgender people is obviously a bigot and a transphobe. I have no issue with people wanting to be who they feel they are, just the grandstanding and cry-bullying that associates any dissenting opinion with bigotry and hatred.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
English soccer commentators have undergone training on words not to say so as to not upset.

They are not allowed to say “uppity”, or “cakewalk “, “blacklisted” or “sold down the river” and can’t describe black players as having “pace” or “power”.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
English soccer commentators have undergone training on words not to say so as to not upset.

They are not allowed to say “uppity”, or “cakewalk “, “blacklisted” or “sold down the river” and can’t describe black players as having “pace” or “power”.

Hmmm. I wonder what Eddie thinks of this and whether they will have to change their theme song ?