Is Richmond OK? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Richmond OK?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Maybe we could loan some money to the AFL

That is a disgrace, the NRL are copping it sideways, while the AFL hides.
At least the Nsw media have the balls to go after the NRL.
Not like our gutless crew in Melbourne that ass lick the AFL.
Didn't the AFL mention about putting teams into camps too??

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im no economic kind of bloke,

but I feel like we've timed our zenith''
pretty

good?

was that a haiku?

not sure.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
give em nothing

Perfect opportunity to start a super league/premier league.
The AFL is as bad as the A league, NRL and ARL.
All Australian sporting codes were pissing money away.
Never thinking what would happen if the game came to a complete stop for a season.
Where's the money that should've been put aside to save the sport?
Gillan McLaughlin needs to resign.
If it wasn't for decisions made by Wayne Jackson and Ross Oakley back in the 90's.
The AFL would back bankrupt today.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
**Has No one else noticed??

This plastic "Super Committee"
the AFL has put together to sort out its own mess, It's full of the 'loudest' and most outspoken people in the AFL. Mcguire Gorden, kennett, etc
Has the AFL brought them all together to keep them silent?
Bring them all together and allow them to make decisions.
Mcguire at every opportunity has defended the AFL.
Kennett looks like he has been sedated & the sydney bloke has been silent, the same bloke that was on 200 radio stations after the 'kebab' comment by McGuire.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
McLaughlin needs to go.
Massive attendance records
Massive Tv deals
Massive sponsorship deals

But the AFL is broke

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm not sure if you are in finance and I am certainly not but it seems to me the AFL is in a very good position.

Purchasing Docklands early for 200 million was an absolute masterstroke and has saved the game.

We all know that.
If not for Jackson & Oakley
Gil would be saying its all over. And putting a for sale sign up.

The issue i have, it wasn't even a week into the season and they were running to the bank for a loan.
I bet there are businesses still out there that might not have the same cash flow but they wouldn't be knocking down ANZ's front door.
When has the AFL ever been audited??
Where's the money??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There's no attendance, TV deals, sponsorship deals now. Of course they'd go broke.

Is the Premier league broke?
Is the NBA running to the banks?
Is the laliga or Serie A broke?
J league?

They all would've been hit by this but they didn't run for loans a week into its season.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Don't go into business mate.
Don't go into business mate.

Ran my own business most of my life, I'm guessing you haven't. $800mill to run the league. Where do you think the money comes from for this and what do you do when none of it is coming in? In business you make hay for a rainy day but NO-ONE could have predicted this. That's why many businesses are being bailed.

The overall consolidated result, which includes the AFL and all of the AFL's controlled state subsidiaries, Champion Data and Marvel Stadium, produced a surplus of $27.9 million.

Other key AFL financial highlights included:

• The AFL's revenue increased by $15.3 million to $793.9 million, due to broadcast rights agreements and record commercial revenue. This revenue was used to fund the following investments:
  • $314.7 million to AFL clubs;
  • $58.8 million to Community football development; this is budgeted to increase in 2020 by $6 million due to the AFL's investment in Victorian Community football;
  • $37.7 million to the AFLPA;
  • $16.4m in the AFLW competition. This is budgeted to increase by $6 million in 2020 with the expansion of the AFLW competition from 10 teams to 14;
  • $17.9m to infrastructure comprising of elite and community facilities and contributions for stadia redevelopments;

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Is the Premier league broke?
Is the NBA running to the banks?
Is the laliga or Serie A broke?
J league?

They all would've been hit by this but they didn't run for loans a week into its season.

You're a card. Many of those clubs in those competitions are privately owned by billionaires. Even they are going to lose loads of money out of all this. I wouldn't expect non-profit based AFL to have billions in reserve for a coronavirus event.

eg NBL make-up

The Member Clubs of the Premier League
The Premier League is a private company wholly owned by its 20 Member Clubs who make up the League at any one time.

Each individual club is independent, working within the rules of football, as defined by the Premier League, The FA, UEFA and FIFA, as well as being subject to English and European law.

Each of the 20 clubs are a Shareholder in the Premier League. Consultation is at the heart of the Premier League and Shareholder meetings are the ultimate decision-making forum for Premier League policy and are held at regular intervals during the course of the season.

The Premier League AGM takes place at the close of each season, at which time the relegated clubs transfer their shares to the clubs promoted into the Premier League from the Football League Championship.

Clubs have the opportunity to propose new rules or amendments at the Shareholder meeting. Each Member Club is entitled to one vote and all rule changes and major commercial contracts require the support of at least a two-thirds vote, or 14 clubs, to be agreed.

The Premier League Rule Book, contained within the Handbook (Download: Premier League Handbook; PDF 11.7MB), serves as a contract between the League, the Member Clubs and one another, defining the structure and running of the competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hutchinson at it again.
He likes the idea of private ownership.
He Likes the American way.

Last edited:

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
AFL is still in a amazingly good position,
Yes borrowed 600 million ,but we could pay that off overnight with part selling of Etihad, it's not possible to put footy softcap with coaching into a hardcap, where the hell do u spend our money,
How do u stop ex player A for example, working admin /coaching,split the.job ,we can get around any cap legally.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
News flash Zipper - opinionated knuckleheads have been saying stupid things about footy for ages and ages.

But not knuckleheads that own 90% of the radio media on the game.
His influence towards others is huge.
He wouldn't let Cornes say who the person who is messaging him in TV.
He was just allowed to say it on radio

Last edited: