Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call?

Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I've been calm all week, but this has made me excited!

Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
with all the media hoo-hah going on about GWS, the Tiges do this and slay them.
it's inspired on many levels, a beautiful decision. not because of this or that, but because of all of it. what a football club.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Cheese Sandwich. Don't know if it's the right call but it's certainly the ballsiest call I can remember

Reactions: 4 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Won’t be a bad call but might be a great call. At worst he breaks relatively even with Ross and K. At best he turns a 7 goal win into a 10 goal win.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Probably cheese sandwich. Going to win regardless of which of the three we picked to play.

Reactions: 1 users

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Needed a mid-fielder....so not KMac
Down to Ross or Pickett.

Needed a mature, experienced hardnut. Ideally an X-factor. In form, big occasion player. Comes from the mighty South Fremantle club who delivered us Norm Smith medallist mighty Maurice Rioli.

Jack Ross very unlucky. Will get plenty of future chances, hopefully next year after a big pre-season.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
If nothing else it seems to have thrown a massive spanned into the media. I wouldn’t be surprised if this sways a few neutral supporters.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
An Inspired decision.

Tough as nails & a real talent.

My confidence level has risen as a result of Marlion’s selection.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Cheesey sanga.
Nothing at all to get nervous or stressed about. It's all about run what ya brung n see how ya go.
We'll have 22, GeeWhizz will have 22 n the maggots will stick their noses in at times. If we're good enough we win, if not *smile* happens n go again next year.

There's only one slight area that bugs me when it comes to Grannies n that's the retiring player. Nothing to lose n nothing to care about except winning the flag. Seen plenty of these types go the biff over the years at various levels n while there used to be come back, the game, career n income of players remaining involved virtually eliminates righteous justice now.
Bit pointless giving a retired player a ten week suspension after he's retired.
Players taking out opponents should be sin binned for the same period that their victim is unavailable for.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I’m excited but nervous,

Hope he rips it up , what a story if this comes off

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
We will get more out of Pickett or Ross than we got out of Graham's heroic effort last week.

More worried about playing 2 x lumbering ruckman against the 1.

If GWS run us off our feet, we lose.

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
A gutsy decision. Wish the man all the best and good footy.

Show us what you have got.

Reactions: 2 users