It's official, Hocking and the AFL are dumb-arsed, half-baked clowns who are trying to stuff the game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It's official, Hocking and the AFL are dumb-arsed, half-baked clowns who are trying to stuff the game

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I'm looking forward to rule changes in golf so I can produce some Tiger Woods moments.
yeah an increase of 200% in the pool table pockets would be good so I can get a few Eddie Charlton moments happening. The possibilities are endless!

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
So the umpire's going to have to wait for players to reset at each throw-in? How much dead time do they want in the game? It's going to be like gridiron.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
SHocking had to wait until he got the all clear on the rule changes from Chris Scott before announcing them.

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
No rule changes should be made without proper trialing in the VFL or similar standard.

These changes are based on what? Hocking's opinion?
I dunno, we all know what happened last time they did “proper trialling in the VFL”...

• Haha

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I am sick and tired of Hocking changing the rules.
It is making our game farcical.
There is always an underlying agenda....decide for yourself.
We are closing in on a hybrid of netball, soccer and grid iron.
What will happen is the RFC will win the flag regardless of the idiotic changes and more changes will follow.
It is just a nonsensical tail wagging the dog.

Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
More Dusty moments?! Give me a spell.
SHocking is a liar. He's trying to dismantle our high pressure game plan.
These rule changes are completely unjustified.

Reactions: 9 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I dunno, we all know what happened last time they did “proper trialling in the VFL”...
It's fine. It's fine!

They've got a body of evidence that the rule changes to make the game more like netball will result in more goals per game. Like netball. I mean, footy is basically netball without a round ball. Other than that the games are exactly the same. It's a disgrace that they even call netball, "netball". Should be called "Throwball".

And they've trialed them in some country Auskick games a few times late in the 2020 season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wow, the kick outs, there will be so much space but no marking options as they need to be inside the forward fifty.
Wonder how this is going to look. Its going to stop teams locking the ball in there forward half.
The lions are screwed. They kick a 1000 behinds every week

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This constant changing of the game to move away from the contest and more that *smile* AFLX crap, will end up doing the opposite of what they want and will turn fans away from the game.

I love the intensity of AFL but struggle with watching those chip around games. They bore the *smile* out of me. If thats what they are trying to do, then fine, but expect to see declining viewing numbers.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
*Why dosent the man on the mark just stand in the centre circle?
*The less interchanges will suit us
*We will give away 1000 50's.
Hocking is just a clown.
This isn't improving the game, it is just ruining it.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Is this Shockings sole job at the AFL, tinkering with the rules? Cushy job if it is.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Seriously, if the umps just paid a free kick on the first throw and another one every time a defender blocked a forward, there would be 35 to 50 goals a game.

The only reason the game becomes congested is because they ignore frees until ten players fall on the ground with the ball underneath them, forcing a ball up and giving ten other players time to run to the contest.

The only reason forwards don‘t kick enough goals is because defenders outnumber them and block and scrag when the ball is fifty metres away, eventually allowing the extra defender to run away with the ball by himself.

Surely Hocking is about to make the Guinness Book of Records as the man who pulled more wrong reins than anyone else in the entire history of the world? Does he remove the hinges every time he wants to open a door?

Reactions: 11 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
The AFL and its minion, Steve Hocking, are infuriating. They are a blight.

I hate them and their annual raft of utterly ridiculous changes. The Fox Footy article headline says it all: ‘We are players, not lab rats’ - AFL guns baffled, VFL star outraged with league decision.

The AFL treats Clubs, players and the fans with more and more contempt every year. I wish we all had a way to exercise our own "Black Lives Matter" movement in the context of AFL and protest on the streets to leave the game alone. It is truly despicable the way we are all being treated by this organisation. No explanations, no KPIs provided to measure how to judge success from these changes. Just someone's gut instinct.

The reduced rotations suit us. But that isnt the point.

It's the sheer contempt they must have for everyone in the industry and all fans - this is the boiling anger.