It's official, Hocking and the AFL are dumb-arsed, half-baked clowns who are trying to stuff the game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It's official, Hocking and the AFL are dumb-arsed, half-baked clowns who are trying to stuff the game

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bookies is open.
*when will the media lose it.
When a game is decided because someone went 2 inches off the mark?
Or
*Will the media lose it when there's 36 players unable to execute a skill because the players are spent?
Or
*Or the kick in rule just the biggest waste of time.

Easy money..back us to have the most 50's paid against
And double it up with
Us having the least 50's paid to us

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As I mentioned elsewhere, soccer has also evolved and again the authorities embrace it. I'm not confident that the game is better and more exciting but the authorities are letting the game evolve, albeit whilst they screw up technological advances.

Soccer is a game where there is a valid argument for making the goals bigger. The Soccer goal size have been the same since 1875. The average male height has increased in that time by about 13cm. Goalkeepers these days have it a lot easier than their ancestors.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
My guess is Yes as you are no longer on the mark. Another own goal by SHocking and co
He will just bring in another rule mandating that a player has to be on the mark and not move at all until play on is called or the ball is kicked. Penalty is 50m if you do not have anyone stand the mark

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And right on cue out comes Dangerflog to whine about the changes to the interchange. Who did we say that would affect negatively? On yes, the retirement home down at Sleepy Hollow.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
3. The restrictions to the person manning the mark I also like. It really annoys me how players are allowed to move meters off the mark to try and force a kick down the line. Just need to make sure the umpires don't get trigger happy or give up on it halfway through the season. I reckon it will encourage players to sag back off the mark now - Tick

But what if the player with the ball drifts sideways but is not called to play on, which happens all the time? Can the person on the mark then go sideways? If not, why not? What about a second player, not on the mark, as only one person can be on the mark at any one time?

Dog's breakfast.

4. The VFL rule won't get up. Its a bridge too far for Conservative Gill

I wouldn't be so sure, this lot seem to want to have players nailed to their positions on the ground for some stupid reason. Wouldn't surprise me if they came up with the idea of putting circles on the ground restricting all players except on-ballers to stay within a 15m radius of their listed position. It's just not Australian Rules Football when they do crap like this.

The more disappointing thing is they didn't scrap the stupid ruck nomination and protected zone rules and confirm quarters are returning to 20mins. On this basis Shocking remains a nuffy flog.

Geez, will they just ball it up in a hurry, no need for ruck nomination if they do this. They created the problem ruck nomination is supposed to fix by letting packs form and taking forever to call for a ball up and then to actually toss it in the air. Fast ball ups, no ruck nominations - simples.

DS

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
And right on cue out comes Dangerflog to whine about the changes to the interchange. Who did we say that would affect negatively? On yes, the retirement home down at Sleepy Hollow.
They will only be happy if they are allowed to have a cup of hot cocoa when they come off for a spell on the bench.
I expect SHocking to install a milo station at every ground.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Can you run back 5 metres off the mark and then move laterally?
it'll be about Game 2 in Round 1 (after the tiges have been reemed by the new rules) when they decide that there will now be a 'man-on-the mark corridor' where the man on the mark can't move more than 1 metres sideways and say 5 metres backwards.
The three umps will all be watching the man on the mark to see if he goes 99cm or 101cm to the side (they'll all have different interpretations about how far 1 metre is - goodie) and not notice the bloke with the ball has gone off the line and fail to blow play on. So instant 50 metre penalty when the bloke on the mark tries to follow him

Another rule that is the answer to a problem that doesn't exist, that is open to interpretation, will cause a *smile* load of confusion, and in 2022 another rule will be brought in to "fix it"

AFL and SHocking and Gill Jong Un can GAGF

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
it'll be about Game 2 in Round 1 (after the tiges have been reemed by the new rules) when they decide that there will now be a 'man-on-the mark corridor' where the man on the mark can't move more than 1 metres sideways and say 5 metres backwards.
The three umps will all be watching the man on the mark to see if he goes 99cm or 101cm to the side (they'll all have different interpretations about how far 1 metre is - goodie) and not notice the bloke with the ball has gone off the line and fail to blow play on. So instant 50 metre penalty when the bloke on the mark tries to follow him

Another rule that is the answer to a problem that doesn't exist, that is open to interpretation, will cause a *smile* load of confusion, and in 2022 another rule will be brought in to "fix it"

AFL and SHocking and Gill Jong Un can GAGF
Of course there’s a problem. Richmond is winning Premierships!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Hocking and co have been playing a long game. All these minor rule changes and tinkering without evidence of any positive effect are just preparing us for the radical overhaul they have undoubtedly been planning for a while. When the big changes drop they’ll tell us they are “necessary” and that they were left with “no other options” if they are to “save the state of the game”. 16 a side with zones is inevitable.

• Angry

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
So more rule changes to make players more tired. The more they change the more it stays the same for us. Surely a club that has had a recruitment strategy over the last 5 or 6 years to select mostly players with speed and endurance will benefit greatly by tiring players out.
That’s the thing too TP.
Keep changing the rules does impact ( most teams ) who select kids in the draft which will help how the ‘game is played ‘ at the time.
These teams select these draftees for min 2 years but rules are changing on a yearly basis now which must impact the future selection of draftees...?

It must!
Don’t they think about this Hocking & the AFL?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Interesting seeing Gil and Hocking watching us receive the cup at the Gabba. Gil would have whispered "Make sure they don't win it again next year or else"
Exactly ( in essence ) they wouldn’t be liking ‘one’ side dominating for a number of years as has been the case since 2001.
5 teams = 14/20 years flags won by those teams !

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Hocking and co have been playing a long game. All these minor rule changes and tinkering without evidence of any positive effect are just preparing us for the radical overhaul they have undoubtedly been planning for a while. When the big changes drop they’ll tell us they are “necessary” and that they were left with “no other options” if they are to “save the state of the game”. 16 a side with zones is inevitable.
Exactly TF.

ZONES

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
D3S touched on the new VFL rule for 2021.

This is the anti-richmond trojan horse and a real arse *smile* for our game.

3 inside the arc and 1 inside the goal square AT STOPPAGES.

This is like a cultural abortion to the game.

Who could possibly think this will 1. Work 2. Be good 3. Be umpirable 4. Be telecastable ?

Did i read this right? Someone needs to stand in the goal square at every ball up?

*smile* me

The only positive i can almost envisage

Is we could see a rush on recruiting the ubiquitous big fat fast dead eyed black fella full forward who is stuffed after running 50m.
They can always show an ad or 2 while players get into their positions at each stoppage

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Followed by allowing throwing.

Then they will change the name to "VFA".

DS

• Angry