It's official, Hocking and the AFL are dumb-arsed, half-baked clowns who are trying to stuff the game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It's official, Hocking and the AFL are dumb-arsed, half-baked clowns who are trying to stuff the game

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
They can always show an ad or 2 while players get into their positions at each stoppage
It takes 10 *smile* minutes to do a goal review. .... guaranteed we'll eventually see 2 field umpires, 2 boundary umpires a goal umpire and throw in the emergency ump .... huddled together on the 50 metre arc discussing if a player had his big *smile* toe on the wrong side...... then we'll go upstairs for another look!

Reactions: 1 users

MorrisMinor

Tiger Rookie
Mar 24, 2014
The more you think about this the more ludicrous it becomes... so, ball up in the goal square - two players (one from each team) have to race back to the goal square at the other end... and if both don’t make it in time ..who gets the free kick? But why bother.. just concede the free kick if not close to goal - let the other team send their players back to position - we send ours behind the ball where we will outnumber them by 3 or 4 players and launch the next attack...

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Bookies is open.
*when will the media lose it.
When a game is decided because someone went 2 inches off the mark?
Or
*Will the media lose it when there's 36 players unable to execute a skill because the players are spent?
Or
*Or the kick in rule just the biggest waste of time.

Easy money..back us to have the most 50's paid against
And double it up with
Us having the least 50's paid to us
Or first commentator to say 'they are out on their feet'

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Is it max 3 in each 50 or minimum 3? One means the centre is clogged the other the area around the stoppage is congested.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
More dusty moments! suddenly everyone can do a dusty! what drugs is he on?
That was my initial thought. What, ya reckon its simply a matter of reduced rotations? What an arse clown to fail to recognise the brilliance that is dusty. It is (in part) the absolute rarity of those moments that make the game what it is!!

He wants it to be like AFL X. Basically training drills.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Reads thread Title.

Thinks to self immediately......WTF are these cretins doing to F#$%#&# the game up now.

Wankers.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Really? What have they changed ?
They took away the advantage rule that you must win by 2. They also changed the rule that you only win points if you win the rally on you serve. Squash did similar changes (and also took away the double fault rule, serve must be in)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
looks like those two *smile* are thinking "what can we do about the congestion at the huddle?"
Nah. *smile* Gil looks like he's trying to figure out where his next snort's coming from n Shocking looks like he needs to find somewhere for a nap as he's been up to long.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
It was made to sound very likely in yesterday's reports. It's a non-negotiable for me to continue my current level of support. In the absence of any other voice, I made this clear to the club in the recent members' survey.
I have not enjoyed the 16 min qtrs at all. I heard many fans call talkback 3AW or SEN throughout the year suggesting that as country folk who drive longer distances to games, the reduced qtrs may make them think twice about attending games - ie, reward v effort of making the long journey.

Like all of you, I've got my fingers crossed we revert to the 20 min qtrs. But I dont trust the AFL at all. I dont believe they will return to what it was. Whether 16, 17 or 18, I'd bet money it wont be 20.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Like all of you, I've got my fingers crossed we revert to the 20 min qtrs. But I dont trust the AFL at all. I dont believe they will return to what it was. Whether 16, 17 or 18, I'd bet money it wont be 20.
Was half-expecting 24 games of 18-minute quarters with flexible fixturing. Footy on TV worked for me this year, but I'm hoping not to be stuck indoors in 2021.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can someone explain to me the point of reducing the number of interchanges if quarters are going to be shorter (likely 18 mins)? Doesn't that basically mean proportionally it's virtually the same?

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
If they can’t stymie the Tiges in 21 they’re just going to have to go to full throttle and put a ‘cap on total tackle numbers’; so the game doesn’t continue to be ‘too defensive’ of course.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Can someone explain to me the point of reducing the number of interchanges if quarters are going to be shorter (likely 18 mins)? Doesn't that basically mean proportionally it's virtually the same?

Whoa there, just slow down a bit will you.

Ok, now think about this for a minute, you are attempting to discuss 2 things at once.

Now, if the numbnuts at the AFL could think of 2 things at once, they might actually be capable of thinking through the impact of their yearly attempts to completely f*** up Australian Rules Football.

Clearly this is not the case so if you want to argue against these changes you are going to have to deal with one thing at a time, look no further than your nose and make sure you use words of 2 syllables or less. Otherwise their eyes will glaze over.

DS

• Haha

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Im afraid they'll keep stretching for various ways to change the fabric of the game. I keep hearing they want the game to look like yesteryear but tweaks like 3 in the 50 at stoppages put pay to that straight away. With 18 teams in the comp clubs had to recruit or draft athletes as theres not enough footballers to go around, skill drops off.

Im surprised they havent come up with a rule where there can be only one tackler, that would mean the ball cant be locked in as much, might be easier to judge holding the ball too (this might help richmond though due to more chaos)

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
So the man on the mark can't move to follow the free kick taker if he deviates from the mark? What about buddy's "natural arc"? I can see the umps getting sucked in and paying 50's all over the place early on before the AFL instructs them to ease off a bit. Like the stupid protected zone rule
Agreed, technically if a player goes off the mark, including walking or "wandering" back to kick for goal, it should be play-on. These rule changes have all the hallmarks of an arms race - a tit-for-tat response that will see coaches invent new ways to limit the intentions of these rules.