IT'S TIME | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

IT'S TIME

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
GIVE MARTY A GAME DANNY, YOU CLOWN

Or does 'wholesale changes' mean 2 out through unjury and one omission??

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
"And we head live to Punt Road with Christie Malthouse at richmond training. Christie What can you report".

"Yes - unprecedented scenes here at punt road where Danny Frawely has really swung the axe at the selection table for this weeks game against Carlton. Gaspar and Fiora have been ommitted through injury and Vardy and Biddiscombe have been named to replace them. This has really shaken the club and it'll be interesting to see how the team reacts. Thats all from me now back to the news desk". ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I would say lets play the kids but there aren't any.

Its is disgusting we have only drafted 4 kids over the last 2 years.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Spot on TF

The draft should be for taking young talent

We could have taken Fleming, Nicholls etc in the pre season draft, i doubt anyone would have beaten us to them

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Schulz was solid this week and McGrath was good last week. There are no excuses for not playing them next week.

Interestingly Freo who have been going well this year and have won 4 in a row are playing a first year player in Schammer who was picked up after Schulz and looks less physically developed then Schulz.

Does anyone know why McGrath wasn't playing for Coburg this week?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
No idea Harry

Saw Marty at the game and he didnt look to be injured, maybe someone closer to coburg can fill us in

It's time we take a chance on some of these kids, it's no co-incidence that Coughlan, Zantuck and Newman have found their feet in the seniors, but never really set the world on fire at Coburg.

Kids rise to the bigger challenge, GIVE THEM A GO

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Didn't that Brad Fisher kid fro Carlton get drafted at 64??
He is playing well and is less physically developed than Schulz... as are many young kids in the AFL at the moment.
No wonder Marty lacks application... I can just imagine how frustrating it must be to be constantly overlooked. Sure you really should have to earn your spot but as we all know there are a few in the seniors are failing to do that.
Give Schulz, MacGrath, and Moore a go!! And who knows they may even play some good footy for us.... sure they may hit a wall after 6 games or so but they may also thrive.... we will never know until they are finally given a go.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Agree 100% T-dog.

That players in the reserves have to earn their spots in the firsts, but players in the firsts don't have to earn their spots smacks of double standards to me. If Rory Hilton has done more to earn a spot in the side than McGrath, then sign me up and chuck me on the half forward flank, i did 1 push up the other day.

Its an absolute joke that Schulz and a few others aren't getting a game. WTF was up with playing him one game agaisnt the bummers, being 40 points up and only putting him on the field for 3 minutes and then dropping him to the reserves again?

As anybody with at least one brain cell in the sporting world knows, even when you are winning you still have to keep improving inorder to keep winning; you have to keep on developing and blooding players. Just because we manage to win some games doesn't mean we have to persist with the same players all the time. As soon as you do that, you disenfranchise those (in the reserves) looking for a spot in the team and they get complacent (as McGrath might be now) and you send the message to those who are in the team that as long as we win, even if they do nothing, they are going to keep their spots in the team.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Schulz is no less developed than King, Fiora, Pettifer or Hall IMO

He should be given a go this week

With Gaspar out, we need to have a backup tall on the bench, who can go forward or back

Carlton have a team full of kids who are nowhere near as developed at Schulz, give the kid a chance.

GO JAY!!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
Spot on TF

We could have taken Fleming, Nicholls etc in the pre season draft, i doubt anyone would have beaten us to them
apart from the the top 15 or so last years draft was very very thin.hence the fleming,nichols selection.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:
DragicevicFan said:
Spot on TF

apart from the the top 15 or so last years draft was very very thin.hence the fleming,nichols selection.

Of course its gonna be very thin when Beck had no idea what was out there.

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
Harry said:
Schulz was solid this week and McGrath was good last week. There are no excuses for not playing them next week.

Marty has a quad muscle injury and will be out for about 3 weeks.
I heard on the grapevine last year that Marty wasnt given a senior's game because it meant he would have to be paid more (as per his contract). Obviously, that would have put us over the salary cap. Wouldnt be surprised if that is the reason why Marty and *smile* cant get a game this year as well. If we werent close to the salary cap, surely someone would have been promoted from the rookie list to cover the absence of Holland, Ottens and now Gaspar.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Tiges4ever said:
Harry said:

Marty has a quad muscle injury and will be out for about 3 weeks.
I heard on the grapevine last year that Marty wasnt given a senior's game because it meant he would have to be paid more (as per his contract). Obviously, that would have put us over the salary cap. Wouldnt be surprised if that is the reason why Marty and *smile* cant get a game this year as well. If we werent close to the salary cap, surely someone would have been promoted from the rookie list to cover the absence of Holland, Ottens and now Gaspar.

If thats the case then we really are a shambles.