Ivan Maric | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Maric

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Cornholio74 said:
Will we use Maric as a sole ruckman? Or in tandem with Angus or Browne?

I'm guessing as a sole ruckman in tandem with Vickery. A combo of Maric, Browne and/or Graham doesn't have much agility around it. Would be like watching a herd of elephants play footy. Can only support one IMO.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
tigersnake said:
Not even us would not do a medical on a signing TM...I hope :-\

I am of the understanding that the club medico's share information on players that clubs are discussing in trades. A medical person may confirm but I think it is okay for doctors to share confidential medical information. Thus the prospective buying club would know that player x had an ankle injury and was treated with a,b,c,d and was cleared for training.

Still I think it would be wise for a club to do their own medical tests.

Stuart

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
On face value, Adelaide have trumped us on this trade IMO. 37 slightly over the odds.
Let's hope what Hartley sees in him comes to fruition, we desperately need a ruckman.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Tigers of Old said:
Dp37? Would have preferred Connors & 55.
same here a little bit too much from our end i think. but its done now so welcome maric.

hope you proove to us that your worthy of being a quality no 1 ruckman for the RFC !!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We've only paid overs if the club thinks he's a ruckman with no scope for improvement.

We're gagging for a ruckman with some mongrel. That's Ivan. Starting 22, one of the first on our team list this year. Pick 37 is around the ballpark.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
When you consider Adelaide paid #33 & #67 for Jacobs last year, and 2011 is a weaker draft, #37 seems about right. 26 in Jan, we'll get his best footy straight away. Fingers crossed.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Disco Stu said:
On face value, Adelaide have trumped us on this trade IMO. 37 slightly over the odds.
Let's hope what Hartley sees in him comes to fruition, we desperately need a ruckman.

We didn't have pick 38, 39, 40 or 40-45.
We had pick 37, and that's what we were able to offer Adelaide for Maric.
Pick 55 wasn't going to work.
Saying we have paid slightly overs is a theoretical tug.
This trade has filled a need at a reasonable price.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
When you consider Adelaide paid #33 & #67 for Jacobs last year, and 2011 is a weaker draft, #37 seems about right. 26 in Jan, we'll get his best footy straight away. Fingers crossed.

He was also in the Adelaide leadership group this year which is interesting for a bloke that didn't get much of a go in the 1's.

Even still, you probably pay a bit for a bloke out of an AFL club leadership group.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
BrisTiger24 said:
Even still, you probably pay a bit for a bloke out of an AFL club leadership group.

Hopefully some other clubs agree with you and make some decent offers for *smile*.

Cornholio74

Tiger Cub
Mar 4, 2011
Being a Glenelg fan in the sanfl, I can tell you all Maric reguarly cut up our team playing for Port Magpies. We have had an excellent ruckman in the past few years and a decent team too. Many have scratched their heads wondering how Maric doesnt get a game for the Crows, I guess last year Jacobs likely kept him out.

Maric certainly won't be our saviour, but from what I have seen he will certainly give us a good contest in the ruck and is more mobile than Gus or Browney.

Buys us more time to develop Gus & Browne as well.