Ivan Maric | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Maric

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
tommygun said:
i remember the day you were drafted, standing next to your dad at work and experiencing his excitement was awesome. It was only topped when he told me in confidence that you were coming home to your dads favourite team, the mighty tigers!
Thanks for all the memories and what you brought to the club will never be forgotten. All the best big fella.

Great post, tommy.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Smoking Aces said:
Sure was.

Like on the video, he will never have his name on a locker but no doubt inspired the change in our culture.

This is a greag point Smoking. FWIW i would have no issue woth the club making a one off decision to put Ivans name on the 20 locker. Such has been the impact he has had on the club in his time here

E

easy_tiger

Ivan's retirement speech was up there with Dr.M.L King, WWII Churchill and Keating's Redfern.

sublime. Beat *smile*ing Port

I was entirely disillusioned with AFL for a couple of hours till I read Ivy's speech.

I love you man

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Thanks for all your efforts Eeervarn!

Been a true warrior of the RFC and will be fondly remembered by the tiger faithful as a great club man.

I wish him all the best in his retirement. :clap

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
waiting said:
Well done Ivan on a wonderful career at the RFC.

2012-2015 you were a fan favourite for the Tiger army

You gave your all.

Were passionate.

Pity in that period we drove you into the ground with little or no support.

How that goal against Carlton didn't spark the players to win that Elimination final in 2012 I don't know.

Yep.. He set the example all right. No one picked up the torch that day. Hopefully 3.5 seasons later the current 22 can carry on in Ivan's mould... Give your all and when you've done that give some more.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
A great player for the club. Have no doubt he gave everything he could. The club is better for his time with us. You can't ask anymore from a player

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
TigerForce said:
Officially retired as shown on AFL website's retirement and delistings section?

Great pick up. Was sensational strong and tough.
Highlight, his goal against Carlton in 2014

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thanks to the big Ivvy, plenty of mullet n plenty of class. Thanks for coming n putting in.