Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

buenavista

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
RFC has signed Ivan Soldo as a Category B Rookie. This Ivan is a cousin of Eeevan, 18yo, 204cms 106kgs. He will play out the rest of the season with the Northern Knights before joining the Tigers for the 2015 season. He has made the switch to AFL from basketball. Sounds like a good speculative move, perhaps he can learn his trade in the backyard with his cousin over the off season!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Couldn't find a thread for him.
He's barely recognisable from the hulking basketballer we first first drafted a couple of years back.
Has worked very hard on his fitness and completely transformed his body shape. Also now has sufficient skills for a footballer.
Gets an opportunity to show off his imrovement against Sandilands in NAB 1.
Massive ask to start but reckon he will go ok. Liked what I saw in the scratch match..
Go Ivvy Mk2.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
His body shape is ideal to be our no 1 ruck. Should have learnt a lot last night against a bigger body (something he would not be used to). I also like how he was trying to lay a big tackle. Hampson should take note.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Another wasted spot on the list. Trent Knoble part 2.
He will join the long list of dud ruckmen we have recruited.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
MB78 said:
His body shape is ideal to be our no 1 ruck. Should have learnt a lot last night against a bigger body (something he would not be used to). I also like how he was trying to lay a big tackle. Hampson should take note.
Would have been a huge lesson and it's an enormous step up in class.

axlefoley

Tiger Superstar
Sep 29, 2007
Waste of time playing him. We are a joke of a football club if it's true that Ivan recommended the football department to go after someone who had very limited knowledge of the game let alone how to hold a football and kick it.

The Benny Hill Show continues at Richmond.

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
axlefoley said:
Waste of time playing him. We are a joke of a football club if it's true that Ivan recommended the football department to go after someone who had very limited knowledge of the game let alone how to hold a football and kick it.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Same with Geelong recruiting Blicavs.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
tigertim said:
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Same with Geelong recruiting Blicavs.
The problem with that argument is Geelong has been a much better and still probably are run club on field than Richmond for yonks! What they do works! My tip to finish top 4 this year and above us on the ladder!

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
The fact he's new to the sport may buy him some time but man he's slow and looks real awkward.

I'm not so sure there's much to work with to be honest. Not many athletic traits for mine.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
axlefoley said:

He's a speculative rookie essentially off the list. What's the punch line? Someone didn't get a cuddle today?

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I umpired him in a practice match about two years ago and despite the onballers having to coach him as he played he dominated the ruck against experienced ruckmen and outmarked them.

Athletically he is very capable, just give him time and he will be a great asset to our club.

Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I don't mind him. Was always going to be a multi-year project.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Can't believe the negativity. 1 practice game against the biggest, wiliest ruckman in the league in extremely windy conditions with very little relief in the second half.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
fastin bulbous said:
Can't believe the negativity. 1 practice game against the biggest, wiliest ruckman in the league in extremely windy conditions with very little relief in the second half.

Spot on.