Ivanhoe Assumption AFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivanhoe Assumption AFC

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Well done lads,knocked off ladder leaders St Johns to open the years account at Ivanhoe Park on Saturday.
My side for 17 years as a player bar a few spent O/S so I have a huge affection for the club,and the only affinity I'll ever have for a black and white jumper running about!

GO THE HOES

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
Went down to the Ivanhoe colts some weeks back, Struggles. A good looking unit.

On the name - It sounds like a cockney saying that he has a girlfriend/engagement. Too highbrow to be saying to the player lining up for goal, though. ;D

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Curtis E Bear said:
Went down to the Ivanhoe colts some weeks back, Struggles. A good looking unit.

On the name - It sounds like a cockney saying that he has a girlfriend/engagement. Too highbrow to be saying to the player lining up for goal, though.  ;D

;D

Way too highbrow Yogi B Bear....but could be effective still,I mean its gonna make you wonder what your not understanding eh??
Our colts have had good sides for a few years now,but we have trouble converting them to U/19 level.
Many leave to go to the dreaded Old Ivanhoe Grammarians :vomit and there filthy lucre program.
Others play for dough at the Diamond Valley league which unfortunately we're smack in the middle of.

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Got over the line by a point on saturday against Glen Eira :spin
Still at 2-4 we have a lot of work to do to get up the ladder and avoid a relegation scrap.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
G'day, Struggs. My boy is playing in the U14s for IJFC. I was talking to one of the Dads yesterday who has an older boy in the colts side and he was telling me all about Kruezer, who is playing for the Northern Knights and is still eligible for the colts side. Sounds like an outstanding prospect at 6 foot 6 and very, very quick.

Have you seen him play?

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
TOT70 said:
G'day, Struggs.  My boy is playing in the U14s for IJFC.  I was talking to one of the Dads yesterday who has an older boy in the colts side and he was telling me all about Kruezer, who is playing for the Northern Knights and is still eligible for the colts side.  Sounds like an outstanding prospect at 6 foot 6 and very, very quick.

Have you seen him play?

Not yet TOT70 but will before too long.

The guys at the club who have are huge wraps,but the senior club are unlikely to have him feature as we still don't have an established U/19s up and running as yet........which is part of the reason we're down in our worst ever position as a senior club :'(

As soon as I get down to a game I'll do a report.

One things for sure,he'll be taught the hard way as the colts coach is Tim 'the bear' Robinson who is the most suspended man in amatuer history!!!The tales of his exploits live on 30 years later and still would make ya hair curl!!
He has transformed the colts into a good side from rabble that he took over,and he is a team of the century Hoer :clap as well as the former president (for a few years when I played) of the senior club.

Good luck to your lad too TOT70.......Go Hoers!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So far Bubbles who admires the Hose (oops the Hoes) has made 4 from 6 posts in this thread (67%)

Just though I'd post this one for you Bubs just to lower the percentage of interest :hihi :hihi

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
TigerForce said:
So far Bubbles who admires the Hose (oops the Hoes) has made 4 from 6 posts in this thread (67%)

Just though I'd post this one for you Bubs just to lower the percentage of interest :hihi :hihi

Well as the only active member whos actually played for the club (bar a lurker...Hi Dr Pads!!) are you suprised forceskin?
Start a Lalarrrr one and I'll have a look just for you as well!

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
We run into one of the other sides from your neck of the woods after the bye, Trundleround -- Eltham OC who are raging premiership favourites.

Last year had an influx of young kids but a useless coach. This year got rid of the useless coach and got even more young kids. Surely can't all have gone to the school though.

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
The bloke who's coaching them was a very good TAC cup player for Northern Knights,and for Preston/Nthn Bullants in the VFL,I think his name is Blargrove?
He was playing down the Nepean Hwy for Rosebud before coming back to take the job and is still only relatively young.
Many of their players are disillusioned former Diamond Valley players who weren't getting a game,or couldn't train twice a week ect.
Some of them probably wanted to retire with a tooth left in their heads as well.