Ive got a cockatiel that can whistle tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ive got a cockatiel that can whistle tigerland

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Honest. I hand reared it from a chick and it has picked up tigerland from listening to me whistle it. Id like to know how special this is? Anyone else got a bird can whistle our tune?

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
tigergollywog said:
Honest. I hand reared it from a chick and it has picked up tigerland from listening to me whistle it. Id like to know how special this is? Anyone else got a bird can whistle our tune?

gollywog, i have a cockatiel called Richo who i've had for 4 years now.He can't whistle our tune but he doesn't stop the wolf whistle which i taught him.

You should get some footage of him singing and youtube it.

Amazing bird's aren't they?

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
That's fantastic! It must be a male, they tend to pick up tunes more than females. I whistle "Tigerland" almost every day to ours (female) and she has never picked it up. However my brother in Monbulk, taught his The B**bers song. No wonder the bird flew away the first chance it got!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Pieman said:
However my brother in Monbulk, taught his The B**bers song. No wonder the bird flew away the first chance it got!

:rofl

tigergollywog

Feb 4, 2006
Pieman said:
That's fantastic! It must be a male, they tend to pick up tunes more than females. I whistle "Tigerland" almost every day to ours (female) and she has never picked it up. However my brother in Monbulk, taught his The B**bers song. No wonder the bird flew away the first chance it got!

Yeah Shogun is a male. His sisters (who make up the crazy horses trio) just do simple chirpy calls. It makes me smile every morning when I wake up to Shogun diligently practicing Tigerland. EVERYONE laughs when he nails the 'a fighting fury were from tigerland' bars. My next farm challenges are to get our donkeys to Hee-Haw out a crude Reiw-Oldt and to breed a yellow sash around our black angus cattle.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
tigergollywog said:
Yeah Shogun is a male. His sisters (who make up the crazy horses trio) just do simple chirpy calls. It makes me smile every morning when I wake up to Shogun diligently practicing Tigerland. EVERYONE laughs when he nails the 'a fighting fury were from tigerland' bars. My next farm challenges are to get our donkeys to Hee-Haw out a crude Reiw-Oldt and to breed a yellow sash around our black angus cattle.
:hihi
Onya tigergollywog...ee-i ee-i-o

tigergollywog

Feb 4, 2006
and now ive got a stud angus bull called Richardson. Just picked him up yesterday. His poncey pedigree name is 'Springwood Yellowfocus', but in the paddock to us, hes Richo.

The real Bull Richardson, who played at 184/95 (my Richo is only a baby at 16 months but plays at over 500kg) was described as 'although strong, tenacious and persistent, "Bull" was, to say the least, an inconsistent and unreliable kick, and was far from speedy.' :hihi

he also won a norm smith before they had norm smiths.

I hope my bull richardson can throw calves as good as matthew.