Jack Dyer Quotes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Quotes

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
For a good laugh have a look on the RFC website today and read some of his classics.

They should not take away from his brilliance as the great that he was.

Luckily, I saw him play towards the end of his career and was in awe of his skill and toughness.

He is definitely the greatest Tiger ever.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
How about each person writes one here from memory (don't look it up!).

My personal favourite:

I won't say anything in case I say something!

Next.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
"His arms reached up like a giant pair of testicles!"

:rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
For a good laugh have a look on the RFC website today and read some of his classics.

They should not take away from his brilliance as the great that he was.

Luckily, I saw him play towards the end of his career and was in awe of his skill and toughness.

He is definitely the greatest Tiger ever.
I've updated quite a few articles from the Old PRE, check our this article with Dyerisms.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I think there was another one where he said his neighbour or someone had just been on holidays to "The French Riverina"

I just loved the way Jack mangled the language, priceless :mhihi

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
I loved when one day Jack was venting to Lou about how terrible Collingwood fans were.. He said about how when we played the Pies at Victoria Park, the fans would abuse you, spit on you, everything you could imagine. Lou then asked Jack what he thought of Essendon fans. Jack says "Essendon fans are just like Collingwood fans except they can read and write!".

• Haha

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Another of Jack famous quotes: "I once kicked a goal from such a tight angle that the ball got stuck between the goal posts" :)):))

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He said he hated Collingwood so much that he refused to watch black & white TV

• Haha

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
There is currently an ad on tv for a betting mob I think. Where guy whose team is 1 goal behind, takes a mark & he kicks for goal, "He kicks the ball so hard it bursts & the cover goes through the goals & the bladder goes through the behinds" naturally they win
That just happens to be another of Jacks tall stories. :D

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Another of Jack famous quotes: "I once kicked a goal from such a tight angle that the ball got stuck between the goal posts" :)):))

That’s a ripper
And another about him flying so high for a mark that they had to throw the oranges up to him at 3/4 time

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There is currently an ad on tv for a betting mob I think. Where guy whose team is 1 goal behind, takes a mark & he kicks for goal, "He kicks the ball so hard it bursts & the cover goes through the goals & the bladder goes through the behinds" naturally they win
That just happens to be another of Jacks tall stories. :D
That's the ad for Furphy beer. Didn't realise it was one of Jack's furphies.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I'm sure I heard him say once that he had the record for the longest kick. He was playing at Glenferrie, and his kick went over the boundary as a train was going passed, and the ball ended up in Belgrave

• Haha

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
He said he hated Collingwood so much that he refused to watch black & white TV

Good one Baloo.
You reminded me of another one he used to say re C'wood.

I get up 30 minutes earlier every day so I can hate Collingwood for longer!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users