Jack Dyer Tribute Product | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Tribute Product

Would you be interested in a product like this?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I'm in the process of approaching the RFC about building an electronic book as a tribute to Jack Dyer where the majority of proceeds would go to the Jack Dyer foundation.

Interested in a show of hands as to how much interest there'd be on a product like that with a ticket price of say $14.95.

I would look to the RFC for content to make the build and would anticipate the size to be around 80 - 140 pages inc. photos.

With just 4 thousand sales, it would stand to raise close to $60,000.

The product acts just like a book, but on computer. It would NOT be a PDF file which are crap.

You click the cover and it opens to the index page. click to turn pages or click index item to go directly to that page!

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
It's a very good idea.

However, I bet you'd sell more via paper copy.

One way or the other, I'd be interested.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
yea i tend to agree you would raise more with a paper copy, i tend to think that afl followers would buy a paper copy not just richmond supporters.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I think it's a great idea and would buy it for sure.
E-books are a new concept to me but having seen a couple now I think they're great.
Of course a hard copy would be good too, but I'd imagine it would be a lot more involved and costly to produce one.
Guess you have to go with your area of expertise and I think with so many using the net this could raise a fair bit of money for the JDF.
It could be advertised for football fans in general, not only Richmond fans.
Count me in. :)

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Yes, id be happy to buy a copy, but it probably would be better in paper as everyone has said, although the e-books will become popular in the not too distant future. Maybe both??

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
Future Tiger Champ said:
Yes, id be happy to buy a copy, but it probably would be better in paper as everyone has said, although the e-books will become popular in the not too distant future. Maybe both??

I was thinking bout it last nite, i reakon its a damn good idea!!! With the e-book, is it possible to put some video clips of not only his playing career but also his time in the media??