Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Think I heard what you heard Julius. Was hoping it was false and only a rumour. Great news if what’s been said above is true.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is that true DA? as it is far from what I heard only 2 weeks ago. Fantastic news if true.

yeah I spoke with someone close to Jack on the weekend who said he's totally focussed on coming back in 2020

better than ever and they were backing him to do just that.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Think I heard what you heard Julius. Was hoping it was false and only a rumour. Great news if what’s been said above is true.

Yep, unfortunately just reported that Jack is booked in for more serious brain surgery, (than he had originally):(, will require at least 6 month recovery and who knows from there, Hardwick informed players yesterday afternoon.
All the best Higgo.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ouch, that's not good. All the best Higlet.

and more evidence that ceaser's sources should be listened too.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Yep, unfortunately just reported that Jack is booked in for more serious brain surgery, (than he had originally), will require at least 6 month recovery and who knows from there, Hardwick just informed players this morning.
All the best Higgo.

That’s awful Caesar.
I actually saw him sprint training so not sure what happened since then.
Obviously gutted for the kid and hope he gets back to full health ASAP

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
*smile*. That's really *smile* news. Hope everything goes well with the next surgery. All the best Jack.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Some things are more important than footy, and health is definitely one of those.

Best wishes to the Higlet.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep, unfortunately just reported that Jack is booked in for more serious brain surgery, (than he had originally):(, will require at least 6 month recovery and who knows from there, Hardwick just informed players yesterday afternoon.
All the best Higgo.

Bloody hell.

Hey Julius, is this due to a setback or was it a future planned surgery he meant to have?

Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Bloody hell.

Hey Julius, is this due to a setback or was it a future planned surgery he meant to have?

It was due to a setback, as per article it was hoped a less invasive procedure would work, it hasn't and a more serious procedure is required.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It was due to a setback, as per article it was hoped a less invasive procedure would work, it hasn't and a more serious procedure is required.
Quoting this from the article: It had been hoped that Higgins' problem could have been dealt with less invasive surgery, but after deep consultation, medicos agreed on a more serious procedure.

You would expect Higgo and family to make the decision not the medicos. I've seen this stuff many times before and all to bad outcomes.