Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Quoting this from the article: It had been hoped that Higgins' problem could have been dealt with less invasive surgery, but after deep consultation, medicos agreed on a more serious procedure.

You would expect Higgo and family to make the decision not the medicos. I've seen this stuff many times before and all to bad outcomes.

The medicos would have explained the options - option 1, less invasive, option 2, go in harder if option 1 doesn't work. If he needs it done then he needs it done. I'd imagine that would have been explained to Jack and his family and they would of course approve of surgery to address this potentially life threatening condition.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Quoting this from the article: It had been hoped that Higgins' problem could have been dealt with less invasive surgery, but after deep consultation, medicos agreed on a more serious procedure.

You would expect Higgo and family to make the decision not the medicos. I've seen this stuff many times before and all to bad outcomes.
Well he does have to “agree” to the surgery...

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The medicos would have explained the options - option 1, less invasive, option 2, go in harder if option 1 doesn't work. If he needs it done then he needs it done. I'd imagine that would have been explained to Jack and his family and they would of course approve of surgery to address this potentially life threatening condition.
Let's hope it all goes well. Looks like 2020 will now be his pre-season.... if he's able/allowed to play AFL again. We won't be seeing him until 2021.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
*smile* football. The kid has his entire life ahead of him, and we want that to be more than a few years.
I love him in Tigers colours, he's great for the club and I want to see him out on the field.

But this is a game and doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things (as much as we all think otherwise at times). I'd imagine it's a scary time for him and his family, and can only wish the absolute best luck for them.

Get well Higlet.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Heard this today and have been stunned by developments.
I believe there were some on PRE who were in the no of what was developing for this young man but kept it private and not post on the rumour board.

Kudos to those great people.

This would be extremely scary for Higgins, his family and friends.

Season 2020 is a right off and depending on how he recovers next year it could be career changing for the infectious young man.

I’ve seen it with family & friends and any procedure on the brain effects people differently & recovery is varied. I will not go to the extreme case.

Get well Higgins.

Health my dad would always say is No 1 stuff everything else.

Get well.
We are thinking of you !

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
**** football. The kid has his entire life ahead of him, and we want that to be more than a few years.
I love him in Tigers colours, he's great for the club and I want to see him out on the field.

But this is a game and doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things (as much as we all think otherwise at times). I'd imagine it's a scary time for him and his family, and can only wish the absolute best luck for them.

Get well Higlet.

Yeah agree - hope Higgo gets through this OK, no one wants to have to have brain surgery.

Health has to be his priority.

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Bloody hell wtf are they supposed to do when certain blood vessels in your brain are prone to bleeding?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Let's hope it all goes well. Looks like 2020 will now be his pre-season.... if he's able/allowed to play AFL again. We won't be seeing him until 2021.

Agree TF... Main thing is the young fella recovers well and is happy and healthy, footy is secondary to all that. Good luck Higglet!!!!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I would rather hear that Higgo had the more invasive procedure and not play again but continue to have a long productive life than the alternative should the procedure not work

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agree TF... Main thing is the young fella recovers well and is happy and healthy, footy is secondary to all that. Good luck Higglet!!!!
For sure. I was worried about having to face brain surgery when epilepsy hit me 27 years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watching tonight's replay, and I'll give kudos to Blobbo on his positive comments about Higgo.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm, not good, hope the surgery goes well and he comes out of it healthy.

Whole life ahead of him, good thing this was picked up and being young one would hope he heals quicker.

Good luck Higlet.

DS

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Will be luck to come back from this.
We should go to the afl and ask for him to be put on on some special list so we can take another kid.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
To put a positive spin on this, his surgeon says that many will be surprised by the rapid recovery he makes.

Reactions: 11 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Young Jack having surgery this morning.

Sending good tiger vibes to a speedy recovery son.

Reactions: 26 users