• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Jack Higgins Welcome to Tigerland

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Let's hope so...
The one part I really hate on watching the GF replay is when they cut away to Higgo, Ross and Syd after Marlion kicks his goal..... did they expect these kids who've missed out on their dream to be high fiving each other? Felt for them.
Very good point - it’s actually quite difficult to watch and the cut away was completely unnecessary

Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Mate of mine spotted Higgo hard at training this morning with Bohdan his running coach. Said he looked really good and in great spirits.

Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
It will be great to have him back. I’m hoping that we can give him more midfield minutes next season.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Let's hope so...
The one part I really hate on watching the GF replay is when they cut away to Higgo, Ross and Syd after Marlion kicks his goal..... did they expect these kids who've missed out on their dream to be high fiving each other? Felt for them.
They're all very young. All had fairly significant injuries during the season. I am sure they were stoked to see Pickett kick his first goal.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
1982 looked pretty rosy when the following players couldn't make the GF side

Brian Taylor, went on to kick 100 goals for Collingwood
Phil Egan, first year player who played a hundred games
Mick Malthouse
Terry Smith, a hundred game player
Darry Sutton, a hundred game player
Paul Sarah, played 150 games
Matthew Wall, young player who played 40 games in the next couple fo years
Ross Brewer 150 game player
Andy Preston 50 games

Memory is failing but pretty sure the next few decades weren't that rosy.

It can turn quickly.

Well said Bill. Richmond was supposed to be on the verge of a dynasty after the 1980 flag..
However as we know from history, there are no guarantees in a competition this even about anything.
Key players lose a bit of hunger & motivation. Injuries etc.
To stay at the top will take plenty of doing.

PS: Great to hear Higgo is back training strongly. :)

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
They're all very young. All had fairly significant injuries during the season. I am sure they were stoked to see Pickett kick his first goal.
I'm sure they were TL, but 2 of them were named emergencies and it's human nature to be thinking. ... that could've, possibly should've been me. Anyway, just an observation on my part and plenty will have a different view.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
No good at breaking paywalls... hopefully it's readable!
Btw it appears we're using the carrot rather than the stick approach here @theluvclubStudio_20191118_102837.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Champion
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
As long as Higgins gets his full health back it will satisfy me. Anything more and it is a bonus for us all especially Jack. You just now he will be trying so hard

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Great way to handle the lads like Syd with the carrot approach instead of the stick.

Good news for Higlett also.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
What values/criteria does that award represent Taz?
This from last year from slowys blog re the Tony Mangan award

The Tony Mangan Award was then presented to Oleg Markov. Oleg was judged to have displayed Tony’s “non-negotiables” value set to an exemplary level throughout the week. A great Richmond Man effort.