Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Maybe we can send the rest of the comp into meltdown by unleashing Higlet and Trossman after the bye :)):))

I know you're having a bit of fun there @craig but the demands of the game have the potential to take us into a realm where players are managed along these lines.

I get the argument for continuity but the great benefit of depth is players have the chance to recover properly from injury/fatigue by not having to play a full season of footy.

Certainly last season, it didn't hurt Nank or the skipper to miss games. In fact, they both looked fresh as daisies when the finals came around.

When you've got AFL quality like Higgins, Stack, Balta, Chol, Ross and possibly Collier-Dawkins, Coleman-Jones, Naish and Aarts running around in the twos, why wouldn't you at least consider some sort of rotation strategy?

Agree, the rest of the competition would blow a gasket!

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Higgo very good in VFL practice game today 4 goals mainly playing forward with short stints midfield.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nearly 2 years ago but still love watching not only those puffed cheeks but against that snorting choker mob.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Higgo very good in VFL practice game today 4 goals mainly playing forward with short stints midfield.
Hi @caesar thanks for the reports. ... since Ross and Higgo are out 2moro any intell today to replace or are we just going with 6 OTB?
Just checked the completed games... Crows had 4, GC 8.... Hawks and dees 7 a piece

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hi @caesar thanks for the reports. ... since Ross and Higgo are out 2moro any intell today to replace or are we just going with 6 OTB?
Just checked the completed games... Crows had 4, GC 8.... Hawks and dees 7 a piece

reckon it will be 6 OTB i know a couple of boys were given a choice of playing only 1 quarter in Wagga Wagga or 4 quarters in VFL. I imagine we would want to get closer to what's normal for round 1 also so win win

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I don't think it will be long until Higgins is back in the seniors.
His ability to go into the middle & have an impact as well as being able to find the goals is what will set him ahead of others.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I don't think it will be long until Higgins is back in the seniors.
His ability to go into the middle & have an impact as well as being able to find the goals is what will set him ahead of others.

Good luck to him breaking in.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
HIGLET IS BACK - another 3 goals or whatever he slotted in his debut game would be a lovely return for him tomorrow night.

He's gone alright against the Pies.

Welcome back Higgo, he's gonna lift the boys and give em a leg up I reckon smart play bringing him in if he's fit and firing.

Lets see some snags tomorrow night !!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Love the fact he's back. Let's hope 2019 form was a direct result of the issues he was carrying and we get back the 2018, non-fumbling, one touch, pure instinct forward pocket rocket

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'd have 50 cents on that being the case Bear.

An AV malformation wouldve most likely had an impact on his neuro function even if it was minor, but his dexterity, reaction time, vision, balance and co ordination may all have been affected even if ever so slightly but just enough to make the difference.

Hopefully he is ready to rumble and good as gold, a nice weapon to slot in.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How juicy will it be if Higlrt scores the first l. Doubt it as he's probably starting on the pine, but ya never know.

Reactions: 1 users