Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Should be curtains for the season for mine. Yes he kicked a nice goal in the last, but gee he struggled mightily outside of that. Looks very slow in both body and mind unfortunately. Needs a big preseason.
Agree with this. Big effort to get to this point and all credit to him but I reckon he should be mothballed to get ready for a big 2021. He looks well off the pace to me and that will only be exacerbated in finals.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He seemed to be closer to goals in the last 1/4. Was that a positional change? It's instructive if it was.

Otherwise, if played further up the ground, it's not hard to imagine another slow but clever player taking his spot when he gets over his hammy.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not surprisingly took a while to get up to the speed of the game. Did some nice things in the second half. Was great to see the celebration after the goal - you could see the relief on his face.

Needs time now in the gym and in the track - big year next year.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Twomey saying on AFL site that Essendrugs are chasing Higgo
When we fly back home, we should just get the bus to do a drive by their joint and tell anyone who wants to leave for that *smile* hole..... Here's ya stop!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
When we fly back home, we should just get the bus to do a drive by their joint and tell anyone who wants to leave for that *smile* hole..... Here's ya stop!
And the phone number of a good therapist. "You're gonna need it"!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Twomey saying on AFL site that Essendrugs are chasing Higgo
No surprise. As I said the other day I wouldn't be surprised if they asked us to borrow the yellow sash.

What a loser club they have become.

Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
He is going nowhere
Exactly!
for us, we should not trade any young players this year.
Older players:- if Broady wants to go to and extend his contract for 3 years then it's ok with me. Houli may retired or go for another year.
The point is, hopeful this year we can win the ultimate prize and hava another go next year, to do that we need depth. After 2021, that there will be 2 to 3 senior players retiring and our young guns can then step in.

Reactions: 3 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
I would take a reasonable offer. But reasonable and Dodo-ro don't go together. Credit to the man. He's helped keep them *smile* for a long time now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Wouldn’t surprise me if this was true - they were quite keen on him in his draft year but ended up trading out their first as part of the Shiel deal. I doubt that either Jack or Richmond would want to part ways at this point in time though.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Been to hell and back the poor lad. Knows there’s a spot waiting for him in the best 22 over the next few years

Reactions: 1 users