Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Makes sense. Bombers tried to have a laugh at a half time huddle and you could see it was forced laughter. They need Higlet there to show them how to really have fun at half time.

Has there been any other club that's tried so hard to copy us recently?

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Sprint training, and goal kicking should be his priority.

Been seeing the best sprint coach in the country since he was 13yrs old and works very hard on his kicking.
Not a naturally gifted athlete. Smart footballer who works very hard on his deficiencies. Will never be quick but has very good endurance and is a technically efficient runner so can go harder for longer.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Been seeing the best sprint coach in the country since he was 13yrs old and works very hard on his kicking.
Not a naturally gifted athlete. Smart footballer who works very hard on his deficiencies. Will never be quick but has very good endurance and is a technically efficient runner so can go harder for longer.
Reckon his running is fine. But his kicking could just hold him back from fully reaching his potential. It needs to improve a lot.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would feel so sorry for him if we traded him. He is the type of kid that would still go past punt rd and drop in to see the players even though he plays for another team. Kid loves the place and the boys

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I love Jack, the extra training that he has done since he was a kid is a huge credit to him. It certainly helped him to become the good player that he is. With all the extra work that he has done he deserves a bit of luck, body and health wise.
He ran 3.10 in the in the 20 metre sprint at the Draft Combine, with his dedication I'm sure he will be working on it. I think it's a part of his game that needs improving.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
At the right price I would trade him.

With all the father/son, academy and GC compo picks in play, plus the fact that this year's draft class has virtually been unsighted, the draft will be the most hit/miss than it has been for a long time.

Smart option might be to trade for players, however, if we happen to draft some gems our recruiting team are pure geniuses.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jack has been sprint training since he was 12!

Agree needs to improve his leg

Jack and his family love tigerland.
Has very clean hands, very rarely fumbles, I reckon inside mid is his go. He ran 3.10 at the draft combine, that sort of pace doesn't allow him to play the high pressure role that our small forwards are required to do.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'd hate to lose him before we see get him back to where he was before his brain tumour started affecting him. That goal of the year is all the vision you need to know Higlet has great footy instincts. It's the stuff he does without thinking that makes him standout. Even now, when he gets a gig, something normally happens when he's got the ball. Quite often that something isn't the orthodox play or pass.

Keeper for now.

Reactions: 4 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Has very clean hands, very rarely fumbles, I reckon inside mid is his go. He ran 3.10 at the draft combine, that sort of pace doesn't allow him to play the high pressure role that our small forwards are required to do.
Pure speed is not the only factor otherwise Butler would still be on our list.

Football IQ is important, the ability to read the play instead of being reactive is just as important.

Jack has that in spades.

Reactions: 2 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Sure does...
I was only thinking the other day that he might be the player most vulnerable to a good offer. I think the kid loves to play and if guaranteed a spot every week might jump.

As much as I like him - he may be expendable. If he is - we can't afford to give him away for peanuts like we have some others recently. My choice would be a top 15 draft pick.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Kid is the ‘heart & soul type ‘ category in my eyes.

Been through a lot.

Kid can play. 2018 showed that. One of the best in our PF loss to thePies.

The ‘jokes’ ‘humour’ the ‘laughs’ he gave the group. Clubs have tried to copy. Not real.

He will be better for this year in 2021.

I wouldn’t entertain a trade. If he were to request this, well we know how we deal with these situations. We will try to facilitate an outcome BUT we just can’t give players away for terrible return.

Just my thought on this.
Right or wrong this is how I feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users