Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Whoever is not playing well or injured
Yeah, I always find it odd that people think our GF 22 won’t suffer any injuries or poor form that allows guys who didn’t get a gig in the GF (eg, Rance, Stack, Graham, etc) a spot in the team in 2020.

Reactions: 1 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Due to his injury Higgins will be our 2021 recruit. Next year we get Rance, Pickett and Stack as unopened goody boxes. In 2021 I think we get CCJ. Collier-Dawkins and Higgins.
If Higgins can find a level of improvement - and there is no reason to say he can't, then he will force his way into the side.

Reactions: 2 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Due to his injury Higgins will be our 2021 recruit. Next year we get Rance, Pickett and Stack as unopened goody boxes. In 2021 I think we get CCJ. Collier-Dawkins and Higgins.
If Higgins can find a level of improvement - and there is no reason to say he can't, then he will force his way into the side.
Re watched his highlight package, gee it is impressive. We sure missed this guy. It may take some time, however, I hope he comes leaps and bounds in the second half of next year.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Re watched his highlight package, gee it is impressive. We sure missed this guy. It may take some time, however, I hope he comes leaps and bounds in the second half of next year.
Sorry? We missed him? No disrespect to Higgo intended but we won the flag without him. Not sure how you can say we missed anyone ... even Rance. The team covered for everyone.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Sorry? We missed him? No disrespect to Higgo intended but we won the flag without him. Not sure how you can say we missed anyone ... even Rance. The team covered for everyone.
This is a really good point!

It's very hard to identify who 'steps aside' for Rance, Stack, Graham, Ross, Higgins etc

Aside from Ellis departing - only injury (or poor return/form) should see the playing 22 being dumped (or a long term fitness/rest strategy)

Has it EVER been this rosy?????

:)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Fair point: It would be hard to take out any of the players who played in the all three finals. However, watching his highlights, we have a wonderful player on our hands.

Reactions: 4 users
B

Bill James

This is a really good point!

It's very hard to identify who 'steps aside' for Rance, Stack, Graham, Ross, Higgins etc

Aside from Ellis departing - only injury (or poor return/form) should see the playing 22 being dumped (or a long term fitness/rest strategy)

Has it EVER been this rosy?????

:)
1982 looked pretty rosy when the following players couldn't make the GF side

Brian Taylor, went on to kick 100 goals for Collingwood
Phil Egan, first year player who played a hundred games
Mick Malthouse
Terry Smith, a hundred game player
Darry Sutton, a hundred game player
Paul Sarah, played 150 games
Matthew Wall, young player who played 40 games in the next couple fo years
Ross Brewer 150 game player
Andy Preston 50 games

Memory is failing but pretty sure the next few decades weren't that rosy.

It can turn quickly.

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
I am confident that the club will mange the situation in the best possible way for Jacks future

if it takes a full season for him to get back so be it

I am sure that he has a great career in front of him. He is only young. The club may need to slow him down for his own benefit

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Let's get him a premiership.
Let's hope so...
The one part I really hate on watching the GF replay is when they cut away to Higgo, Ross and Syd after Marlion kicks his goal..... did they expect these kids who've missed out on their dream to be high fiving each other? Felt for them.

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Let's hope so...
The one part I really hate on watching the GF replay is when they cut away to Higgo, Ross and Syd after Marlion kicks his goal..... did they expect these kids who've missed out on their dream to be high fiving each other? Felt for them.
Very good point - it’s actually quite difficult to watch and the cut away was completely unnecessary

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Mate of mine spotted Higgo hard at training this morning with Bohdan his running coach. Said he looked really good and in great spirits.

Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
It will be great to have him back. I’m hoping that we can give him more midfield minutes next season.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Let's hope so...

They're all very young. All had fairly significant injuries during the season. I am sure they were stoked to see Pickett kick his first goal.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
1982 looked pretty rosy when the following players couldn't make the GF side

Brian Taylor, went on to kick 100 goals for Collingwood
Phil Egan, first year player who played a hundred games
Mick Malthouse
Terry Smith, a hundred game player
Darry Sutton, a hundred game player
Paul Sarah, played 150 games
Matthew Wall, young player who played 40 games in the next couple fo years
Ross Brewer 150 game player
Andy Preston 50 games

Memory is failing but pretty sure the next few decades weren't that rosy.

It can turn quickly.

Well said Bill. Richmond was supposed to be on the verge of a dynasty after the 1980 flag..
However as we know from history, there are no guarantees in a competition this even about anything.
Key players lose a bit of hunger & motivation. Injuries etc.
To stay at the top will take plenty of doing.

PS: Great to hear Higgo is back training strongly. :)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
They're all very young. All had fairly significant injuries during the season. I am sure they were stoked to see Pickett kick his first goal.
I'm sure they were TL, but 2 of them were named emergencies and it's human nature to be thinking. ... that could've, possibly should've been me. Anyway, just an observation on my part and plenty will have a different view.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
No good at breaking paywalls... hopefully it's readable!
Btw it appears we're using the carrot rather than the stick approach here @theluvclubStudio_20191118_102837.jpg

Reactions: 5 users