Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

sausage_meat69

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 28, 2005
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
From my googling, a Grade 3 PCL involves no damage to other ligaments and can be left to rehab over 3 months. Grade 4 is where other ligaments are damaged, and this is likely to need surgery and 9-12 months.
I read the same. Pretty cool how a PCL can repair itself from a complete tear. I wish my ACL could've done that.

Lynch is the cautionary tale here. He did his late 2017. Rested it as per the medical prognosis over the break. Flared up throughout 2018 culminating in surgery mid year. Fast forward to RD10 2019 he's still not back to his best. I hope they are very different injuries and that we're not taking unnecessary risks with Riewoldt. No reason not to trust the medical team... just saying.

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
Jack is totally selfless and fearless in pursuit of greatness. Whatever happens, we know he’ll be a terminator for several more years yet, and he’ll still be a massive force behind the scenes when recovering.

Hypothetically, if the odds could guarantee say 4-5 games this year, but there’d be say a 70% chance it leads to a full reco in October that takes 11 months to recover from... do you take it?

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
toby64 said:
I'm flattered you are tracking my posts, but perhaps you need to take more notice of their context.
Hard to miss their negativity.

toby64 said:
Gee the skill level is terrible. There are some very ordinary players out there.
toby64 said:
He’s playing a typical Brandon Ellis game. Not surprised at all. Made a career out of it.
Very lucky to have a premiership medal. A few of em are.
toby64 said:
Yep, as is Hardwick taking us to a flag in 2017 on the back of 4 guns and 18 role players. There are some bog ordinary footballers who are Richmond premiership players as a result
toby64 said:
I don’t think we will make the 8 this year.
And that won’t necessarily be a bad thing as long as we unearth a few more Sydney stacks this season.
Our success has been built largely on 4-5 guns and a lot of role players, some of whom are very, very limited footballers. They are being exposed now so hopefully they get replaced over the year and that makes us a better side in the longer term.
toby64 said:
He took a team of 4 champions, a few good players and a hell of a lot of role players, some who aren't actually very good footballers to a premiership.
The guy can coach. In fact I reckon history will show that getting that side to a flag and an 18 game winning season the year after was one of the best coaching performances in modern times.
toby64 said:
The effectiveness of the don’t argue has been nullified. Can’t break out of packs and into space which is where he is so damaging. Getting caught and getting possessions in traffic which are usually hack kicks and dodgy handballs. He isn’t very clean in tight.
My fear is you take his trick away and all you are left with is a dime a dozen mid.
toby64 said:
Dogs have a good midfield. So do pies and Giants. All have flogged us.
It all starts in the middle and our mids either don’t get enough of the ball, or those that do butcher it.
toby64 said:
Agree. And our losses have been floggings, and we don’t win big so our % will be an issue as well.
Midfield ain’t good enough. General skills ain’t good enough.
We are middle of the road.

So our midfields crap, dusty is dime a dozen, just a few good players......yet here we are in 4th. Any positive thoughts now we are doing OK?

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
MD Jazz said:

So our midfields crap, dusty is dime a dozen, just a few good players......yet here we are in 4th. Any positive thoughts now we are doing OK?
I said earlier that I'm flattered you are monitoring my posts. Now I'm a bit more concerned than flattered.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
MD Jazz said:

A man on a mission!

Imagine how much fun you could have scrolling through some of the ‘game day’ hysteria that we get from some in these parts...

E

easy_tiger

123kid said:
Hypothetically, if the odds could guarantee say 4-5 games this year, but there’d be say a 70% chance it leads to a full reco in October that takes 11 months to recover from... do you take it?
If the games were finals, and he could play at 90%, I'd take it

he's a champion match winner. Arguably our No.1 champion matchwinner

you've gotta take your chances when they are there.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
toby64 said:
I said earlier that I'm flattered you are monitoring my posts. Now I'm a bit more concerned than flattered.
As I said they're hard to miss, easy to find, took about 2 minutes there are so many like them.

We can all be quick to judge, just sometimes we need to pause before posting. I've got plenty wrong, I'm still not convinced on Bachar and he should have won a Norm Smith & could go AA. I've finally conceded KMac is best 22 but it's taken 2 years.....

We can all do it if we just try.

I'm more bullish than I've ever been about the club, its clear that we have the right people in the right positions who know what they are doing. We have a great chance of winning the damn thing despite our injuries. Our performances have been incredible.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
lukeanddad said:
A man on a mission!

Imagine how much fun you could have scrolling through some of the ‘game day’ hysteria that we get from some in these parts...
I miss scooty, always good for a lift on game day.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
easy said:
If the games were finals, and he could play at 90%, I'd take it

he's a champion match winner. Arguably our No.1 champion matchwinner

you've gotta take your chances when they are there.
Yep. Jaaack b 31 end of this year, take a big crack at getting up for another finals series n hopefully another flag. If the knee goes, so be it. He could have done the surgery earlier n probably missed the rest of this year, no telling that he'd come back premium for next year or that we'd continue to be right in contention for another flag next year either. Who'd have foreseen how our youngsters have stepped up n filled the breech this year with so much of our premium crashing with injuries.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
MD Jazz said:
As I said they're hard to miss, easy to find, took about 2 minutes there are so many like them.

We can all be quick to judge, just sometimes we need to pause before posting. I've got plenty wrong, I'm still not convinced on Bachar and he should have won a Norm Smith & could go AA. I've finally conceded KMac is best 22 but it's taken 2 years.....

We can all do it if we just try.

I'm more bullish than I've ever been about the club, its clear that we have the right people in the right positions who know what they are doing. We have a great chance of winning the damn thing despite our injuries. Our performances have been incredible.
LOL thanks for the advice. But to be honest, I don’t really care what you think.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Apart from his goal kicking abilities, Jack is the probably the smartest footballer I have seen at the RFC in the last 40 years. Personally I can't see the RFC being a genuine premiership contender this year without him back well before the finals.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
glenn downing said:
Apart from his goal kicking abilities, Jack is the probably the smartest footballer I have seen at the RFC in the last 40 years. Personally I can't see the RFC being a genuine premiership contender this year without him back well before the finals.
I said it the night he got injured. He doesn’t play we are just a middle of the road team.
I wouldn’t rush him back. I’ve heard that they haven’t taken the surgery route to have him back in 12 weeks but things aren’t going to plan.
So if he doesn’t come up and is forced to have surgery, we might not see him play till 2021.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
zippadeee said:
I said it the night he got injured. He doesn’t play we are just a middle of the road team.
I wouldn’t rush him back. I’ve heard that they haven’t taken the surgery route to have him back in 12 weeks but things aren’t going to plan.
So if he doesn’t come up and is forced to have surgery, we might not see him play till 2021.
Seems to be enjoying his commentary position.....which admittedly bothers me a bit as it comes across like he's semi-retired.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Jason King said:
He would be thinking its great not to be served up that sh!t that is currently getting thrust into the forward 50.
But Jack marks the ball more than Lynch does/has when 1 on 1.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Jason King said:
I dont think I have seen Lynch one on one enough to make a biased observation. At their best its pretty even stats wise.
I don't know why we can't clear the forward line to make this happen. Some tactics/strategy in our game plan is still mind-boggling.