Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He was brilliant in the first quarter. Then couldn’t get near it after that.

WTF was he doing in the last quarter? 45 out dead in front yet chooses to attempt a pass to Dusty who was 20 out on the boundary and kicked it on the full.

He’s one of the smartest footballers I’ve ever seen but that was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
6 touches, 1 after quarter time. Flashes of the Jack of old but I'm certainly not convinced.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Weird game for Jack. When we were getting clean entries he looked unstoppable. When the game became a bit more of an arm wrestle the smalls took over imo.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Started very well.

Then looked to try and get Tommy into the game by moving out and up the ground.

Poor second half.

He's ok not concerned about him.

Jack and Cotch and Sheds all some bad blews tonight, Dusty a couple and Shai.

Dave and Tommy had bad nights.

Nank and Graham underdone lacking run and touch.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
6 touches, 1 after quarter time. Flashes of the Jack of old but I'm certainly not convinced.

he's not the Jack of old, he's the Jack of now. If we didn't have Tommy we might furrow our brows. as for being not convinced, its one game. Talk to me after 7 or 8.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
he's not the Jack of old, he's the Jack of now. If we didn't have Tommy we might furrow our brows. as for being not convinced, its one game. Talk to me after 7 or 8.

But what did To

What did Tommy do tonight? one fires when the other one doesn't, hopefully we get them firing in unison

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Looked pretty good to me.

Even if he is slowing down he will require attention from the opposition defence. He's still got that wily capability to impact contests and has a great footballing brain. I wouldn't be too worried about his position in the team at this stage.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looked pretty good to me.

Even if he is slowing down he will require attention from the opposition defence. He's still got that wily capability to impact contests and has a great footballing brain. I wouldn't be too worried about his position in the team at this stage.

Jack would have less pre season than most as an older player slow will wind up into the season.

He'll be moving alot better come round 4 -5

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
That pass to Martin in the pocket that ended up going out on the full was terrible

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That pass to Martin in the pocket that ended up going out on the full was terrible

Jack looked spent after half time.
The work he put in the first half was unbelievable.
Jack is the polish in the forward line

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
WTF was he doing in the last quarter? 45 out dead in front yet chooses to attempt a pass to Dusty who was 20 out on the boundary and kicked it on the full.

Sure was one of the weirder decisions I'd seen in a while. Problem for Reiwoldt is he can't kick as far as he used to. He would have stuck that once straight through int he old days but would have struggled to reach the distance lat in the game last night.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sure was one of the weirder decisions I'd seen in a while. Problem for Reiwoldt is he can't kick as far as he used to. He would have stuck that once straight through int he old days but would have struggled to reach the distance lat in the game last night.
He was kicking those only a few months back on the biggest stage. I think he was over doing the team thing in that instance.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Well I reckon he knew exactly what he was doing. ..... he ran the clock down for his 30 knowing that if Dusty marked it he'd do the same..... soon as I saw him start averting his gaze, that's what I thought.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Well I reckon he knew exactly what he was doing. ..... he ran the clock down for his 30 knowing that if Dusty marked it he'd do the same..... soon as I saw him start averting his gaze, that's what I thought.

Possibly but why though? We were 18 points in front with 3 minutes to go. If that was his concern should have thumped it towards goal as hard as he could and have it thump through for a behind (would make it 19 points). Seemed like a bit of a brain fade if.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Possibly but why though? We were 18 points in front with 3 minutes to go. If that was his concern should have thumped it towards goal as hard as he could and have it thump through for a behind (would make it 19 points). Seemed like a bit of a brain fade if.

Exactly, was thinking at the time even a point would have done just to put the game completely to rest

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah maybe, hope he tells us what he was thinking..... seems to be pretty honest these days Jack, so I imagine if he's stuffed up, he'd say so. In the end we're all just a bunch of amateur footy psychoanalysts apart from Zipps who's an expert in this field ;)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I hope Jack doesn't become the next Adam Goodes.
The shitt he is copping for opening his mouth about the pay dispute is uncall for.
Tony Jones and Parrot had a go at him today on the SFS.
Jack was asked a question by Robbo and he responded.
Why isn't Dangerfield copping the same??