Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Re: Jack Riewoldt

mexican_radio said:
I watched TFS tonight, not one of their better efforts. Jack looked fairly uncomfortable to me.

I really wanted to see tonights how because of Jack! My bloody IQ box didn't record it! :mad:

Did I miss much of him?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

mexican_radio said:
I watched TFS tonight, not one of their better efforts. Jack looked fairly uncomfortable to me.

They love him. He's a genuine publicity magnet is our Jack.

How good was the mark from his Tassie days?

All I could think to myself is how could you downgrade from pick 8 to 13 and risk not drafting that kid?

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Tigers of Old said:

All I could think to myself is how could you downgrade from pick 8 to 13 and risk not drafting that kid?

the only reason i can imagine is because of the number of highly rated talls in 2006 gumbleton hansen reid brown x 2 frawley everitt luenberger thorpe sellar hampson. including jack all were taken in the 1st round.

they were either very smart very lucky or very brave. i reckon it was all three

Gnarley

Tiger Rookie
Apr 15, 2011

mexican_radio said:

I watched Marngrook Footy Show.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

I read that FJ only agreed to let Miller trade down once he was confident no one would take Jack before us. Clubs would have a pretty good idea of who wants who. Maybe none of the clubs ahead of us in the order had shown any interest in him. Whatever, we got lucky.

Gnarley

Tiger Rookie
Apr 15, 2011

LidsBling&Cotch said:
the only reason i can imagine is because of the number of highly rated talls in 2006 gumbleton hansen reid brown x 2 frawley everitt luenberger thorpe sellar hampson. including jack all were taken in the 1st round.

Jack Riewoldt was highly recommended to Hawthorn by the Tassie Mariners, but they decided on Mitch Thorpe. Thorpe played one game, & now plays for South Launceston.

I guess that trumps the Tambling for Buddy deal as far as stuff ups :rofl

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

LidsBling&Cotch said:

A lot of luck because getting Polak wasn't even worth a 0.5% chance of missing Jack.

Tigers of Old said:

Yeah he is going to get on media street. He is darn good at it too.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

The Polly trade was a good one. He was really starting to find his feet until the tram accident.

All in all it could have been one of the best trades/drafts for the club ever. As it is we will have to settle for one of the best drafts ever.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne

mexican_radio said:

Thought he came across as a bit smutty with several comments. Should instead aim to match his classy footy, not go to Sam Newman's level.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

HeadandShin said:
Thought he came across as a bit smutty with several comments. Should instead aim to match his classy footy, not go to Sam Newman's level.

I dont think he said anything untoward all night. Dont take Sam's verballing of him as gospel.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

SCOOP said:
A lot of luck because getting Polak wasn't even worth a 0.5% chance of missing Jack.

Yeah he is going to get on media street. He is darn good at it too.

tell yu what polak would be pretty handy right now

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

SCOOP said:

Yep can you imagine if he was playing for one of these clubs right now and we'd delisted Polak?

2006 National draft selections..

8 Collingwood
9 St Kilda
10 Collingwood
11 Western Bulldogs
12 Melbourne

Very lucky that they passed him up.

The tide has turned with that draft. 8)

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

lamb22 said:
I dont think he said anything untoward all night. Dont take Sam's verballing of him as gospel.

Other than the "stiffy" Johncock comment. :hihi

Smutty :hihi

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Tigers of Old said:
Yep can you imagine if he was playing for one of these clubs right now and we'd delisted Polak?

2006 National draft selections..

8 Collingwood
9 St Kilda
10 Collingwood
11 Western Bulldogs
12 Melbourne

Very lucky that they passed him up.

The tide has turned with that draft. 8)

but one of brown reid armitage everitt or frawley. lets just hope it wasnt everitt or ormitage we ended up with

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne

Gnarley said:
Jack Riewoldt was highly recommended to Hawthorn by the Tassie Mariners, but they decided on Mitch Thorpe. Thorpe played one game, & now plays for South Launceston.

I guess that trumps the Tambling for Buddy deal as far as stuff ups :rofl

if my memory serves me correctly wasn't Mitch Thorpe's only game V Richmond? i think he kicked 2 goals on *smile*, when Gas was returning from his knee op.

skull