Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Just watched FC again tonight (OK I admit I'm a bit desperate with no footy)
Caro again kicking the players and after the Gawn interview she said it was a crap excuse that the players should get paid for keeping fit.

Not bad hypocrisy from someone who would be getting paid twice what she was last year with Monday and Wednesday FC.

THERE"S NO FOOTY CARO.
How come you make twice the money for commentating on a competition that doesn't exist atm yet criticise players who have to still perform a big part of their job, keeping fit on their own?
You've come up with a pretty thin argument I think. The analogy would be if she was getting paid for the research and content writing, but the show wasn't airing, but it is. So no hypocrisy I see.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Richmond’s record when both Lynch and Riewoldt played: 12 wins, 1 loss*.

*Riewoldt broke his wrist in Q2 but played the game out.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Lynch played every game so as far as 2019 is concerned, "both Lynch and Riewoldt playing" amounts to "Riewoldt playing".
And yes, Jack played 13 games last year and Collingwood Round 2 was the only loss.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Close to the end. His only good game in recent times was in the GF against someone on one leg

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Close to the end. His only good game in recent times was in the GF against someone on one leg

The last time the media bagged him, he kicked the most goals in a GF in 10 years.
His kicking for goal was once reliable, now more unpredictable.
Inexcusable not to make the distance from 35 out.
Even a point would've been handy.

Reactions: 2 users

vernissage

Tiger Matchwinner
May 28, 2005
We all LOVE Jack. He played a shocker in the Preliminary Final, except for the brilliant tap to Dusty for a clever goal. He redeemed himself in two Premierships both on and off the field. Actually, I'm wrong: he killed it still on the same field. But tonight was a stinker. Jack is one of the four best forwards I have seen grace our guernsey: Royce.... daylight; Richo and Roach; and Jack. He will be dirty on himself. Jack will be a force in 2020., I hope. But he was worst-on- ground tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jack knew at the final siren that his failure to register any score with that kick went a long way to costing the Tigers the match As he mouthed the words F**** Me forlornly he’ll be kicking himself.
By trying to be to careful with his kick he don’t score At all had he kicked through it worst result likely a point which would’ve been the difference.

Reactions: 1 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Jack knew at the final siren that his failure to register any score with that kick went a long way to costing the Tigers the match As he mouthed the words F**** Me forlornly he’ll be kicking himself.
By trying to be to careful with his kick he don’t score At all had he kicked through it worst result likely a point which would’ve been the difference.

Not a single Richmond player on the goal line compounded the screw up.

Reactions: 7 users

vernissage

Tiger Matchwinner
May 28, 2005

Too true. Not a single fist in a tight scoreboard.: Insurance in a low scoring game was lacking. Jack got away with it in 2017 GF at the City End when no Crow defended the goal line. It is the one per cents that win a flag.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

Too true. Not a single fist in a tight scoreboard.: Insurance in a low scoring game was lacking. Jack got away with it in 2017 GF at the City End when no Crow defended the goal line. It is the one per cents that win a flag.

If he was playing, Caddy would have been down there.

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
I don’t get what he was doing running around all over the ground like an old ruck rover, what was it 5 touches ? Time for him to slow down the media *smile* With that perennial loser trelol

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Should've made distance, but did anyone else think a lot of kicks were falling short last night? Even Short was kicking it short.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Should've made distance, but did anyone else think a lot of kicks were falling short last night? Even Short was kicking it short.

Yes all night. It was like the players have lost 5m with their kicking. I know it was wet. Perhaps a few more mongrel punts should have been kicked when hacking the ball forward.