Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I guess 'like-ability' is really a subjective thing in the eye of the beholder so we can all agree to disagree on that.

In terms of his status as a player I guess it depends on definition. I see him as a second tier player, ie if 'great' is the best of the best eg Dustin, Royce Hart then Jack is on the next rung.
I think your tiers need some serious defining , second tier players don’t win ONE Coleman, let alone 3 and snag 5 in a GF , he’s a *smile* good player , if that does nt sit well with you, get over yourself

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think your tiers need some serious defining , second tier players don’t win ONE Coleman, let alone 3 and snag 5 in a GF , he’s a *smile* good player , if that does nt sit well with you, get over yourself

he also re-wrote the book on how to celebrate a grand Final win

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The break in the season seems to have affected our team more that most others and despite their fitness their collective mindsets are not in it right now. Work for our Mindfulness coach!

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Patience running out for Jack. Needs to do more. I would bring Chol in this week to provide an extra option up forward and relegate Jack to 3rd marking forward.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Patience running out for Jack. Needs to do more. I would bring Chol in this week to provide an extra option up forward and relegate Jack to 3rd marking forward.

Bingo.
We need to go BIG.
Im over the smurf brigade, the aren't doing anything anyway.
Balta on the wing
Dow in the guts
Chol next to lynch
Naish on that other wing
And Zip @ CHB...

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Actually thought he was much better. Easily could’ve had three or four. Terrible supply as well.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The kick off the ground to setup a goal was vintage jack. But he is almost incapable of taking a contested mark now.

The whole side is off, skills are off, desire appears off. Will take something special to get the group back on track.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Easily could’ve had three or four. Terrible supply as well.
LOL@Chol's half-arsed efforts to compete and chase. He's doing well in VFL 14 or 16 a side games that also lack state league muscle. Watch Lynch's output fall when sides triple team him because Jack isn't there as a viable alternative and Mabior LOL is doing his best Vickery impersonation.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
LOL@Chol's half-arsed efforts to compete and chase. He's doing well in VFL 14 or 16 a side games that also lack state league muscle. Watch Lynch's output fall when sides triple team him because Jack isn't there as a viable alternative and Mabior LOL is doing his best Vickery impersonation.
Yeh agree Choi ain’t the answer. Need to stay with jack and hope we can turn it around. Our system and delivery going forward ain’t helping.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
From the weirdly aggressive tone in your post you've clearly missed that I'm saying he is just behind the best of the best, on the next rung below the likes of Dustin and Royce Hart.

Hardly an insult.
Hmm nice back pedal as second tier in generic sense doesn’t generally refer to a peg below the greatest of all time , whatever , in any case he looks close to the end of his career to me

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The break in the season seems to have affected our team more that most others and despite their fitness their collective mindsets are not in it right now. Work for our Mindfulness coach!
i touched on this in another thread about Mindfulness having its detractors - like most modern takes on Eastern meditation practices and what the West turns it into. I am sure Emma Murray knows what she's doing, but what these practices can do to the individual is random.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
i touched on this in another thread about Mindfulness having its detractors - like most modern takes on Eastern meditation practices and what the West turns it into. I am sure Emma Murray knows what she's doing, but what these practices can do to the individual is random.

yeah. It's the dumbing down and commodification of much broader philosophies. It's not totally useless, but almost.

It's like 23 year old middle-class whites calling themselves "yogis".

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
yeah. It's the dumbing down and commodification of much broader philosophies. It's not totally useless, but almost.
It's like 23 year old middle-class whites calling themselves "yogis".

McMindfulness ...

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

being present and fully aware when you are the best and winning flags is pretty easy.

Its a nice place to dwell.

But when you and your team-mates and coaches are going *smile*,

its much, much harder to just be with it.